Midlife crisis?? Advice needed.

Everything about bream
barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Midlife crisis?? Advice needed.

Post by barra mick » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:50 pm

ducky wrote:Go spend a few weeks targeting Bream on lure then ask yourself if you really wanna do it in a comp.

I’m 90% certain this is a sh*t effort at a pisstake. If it’s not then just start targeting them yourself. Don’t need a comp to chase pb’s. All comps do is out more boats on the water.
Completely agree ducky.

If its a midlife crisis lets at least pick a challenging fish like a kingy or mullaway.

A bream is a fish for a fisherman on his p plates.

Cheers bm

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:02 am

mazman wrote:
M9085 wrote:
CarlG wrote:Firstly, it must be a midlife crisis if you're thinking of chasing bream for God's sake.
Bream are poofta fish, (apologies to any gay, lesbian yadda, yadda out there).
Have a go at these ba5tard5, this'll sort out your crisis real quick.
Mate I don't know where to look for them AND don't have a means of getting to find them and equipment to catch them.
Carl just likes to remind people that the fish he catches are big because he isn't :rofl:
Even funnier coming from you gigantor....

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:20 am

barra mick wrote:
ducky wrote:Go spend a few weeks targeting Bream on lure then ask yourself if you really wanna do it in a comp.

I’m 90% certain this is a sh*t effort at a pisstake. If it’s not then just start targeting them yourself. Don’t need a comp to chase pb’s. All comps do is out more boats on the water.
Completely agree ducky.

If its a midlife crisis lets at least pick a challenging fish like a kingy or mullaway.

Cheers bm
It takes a very skilful angler to consistently catch good Bream. Especially in comps.

But all that time/money is wasted when you reflect back on all the other fishing you could have been doing.

There’s a lot better string pullers than Bream in our waterways.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:48 am

When you get your rod/reel sorted, take your yak to Bemm River (others places on the way)
Plenty of bream there to practice on.
Cheers Gra

M9085

Post by M9085 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Texas wrote:When you get your rod/reel sorted, take your yak to Bemm River (others places on the way)
Plenty of bream there to practice on.
Cheers Gra
Went there mid January with big hopes..... came back with doughnuts

M9085

Post by M9085 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:26 pm

barra mick wrote:

Completely agree ducky.

Cheers bm
Maybe I am A "P" plater fisherman, however reading through bream threads on this forum and elsewhere caching them on SP and lures is a skill that not too many posses. Sure anyone can throw an unweighted crab out and get one but getting them to take your lure different story.
It is the challenge just like fly fishing is.

M9085

Post by M9085 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:36 pm

ducky wrote:
barra mick wrote:

Completely agree ducky.

Cheers bm
It takes a very skilful angler to consistently catch good Bream. Especially in comps.

But all that time/money is wasted when you reflect back on all the other fishing you could have been doing.

There’s a lot better string pullers than Bream in our waterways.
Played competitive sport as a youngster... I guess left a bit of a vacuum hance the middle life crisis.... its the need to feel the challenge from the other fishos on the day. Money isn't everything...

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Could try Werribee river at the cliffs
On K road just past the golf club
There's a deep hole below the cliffs, which can hold bream
There's a path to the river & walk along the bank (snake heaven)
No fish ???, take the golf clubs
Cheers Gra

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:09 pm

M9085 wrote:
barra mick wrote:

Completely agree ducky.

Cheers bm
Maybe I am A "P" plater fisherman, however reading through bream threads on this forum and elsewhere caching them on SP and lures is a skill that not too many posses. Sure anyone can throw an unweighted crab out and get one but getting them to take your lure different story.

Each to there own guys.

I personally would much rather catch a 2kg bream on lures or SP than a 20kg kingfish.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:45 pm

frozenpod wrote:
M9085 wrote:
barra mick wrote:

Completely agree ducky.

Cheers bm

Each to there own guys.

I personally would much rather catch a 2kg bream on lures or SP than a 20kg kingfish.
Yep its a.personal choice
I rather a 20kg kingie over a bream

Return to “Bream Fishing”