Tambo

Everything about bream
crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Tambo

Post by crumpet_avenger » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Headed up the Tambo on the 10th of october for a few nights in the new boat. Havent been up there in a boat for at least 10 years. Last few times off the shore have only produced little bream and mullet. Is there any reports anyone has heard of?

I will be staying at swan reach so any of the big 3 rivers are an option really..

any reports/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Fish-Hunter

Re: Tambo

Post by Fish-Hunter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:46 pm

This time of year should be good for Bream , work the mid to upper reaches of the river with fresh or live baits . ;)

borntofish

Post by borntofish » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:27 am

my dads just come back from tambo after a weeks fishing, got zilch, so did all the locals. maybe better trying lake tyers. he fished from top to bottom of river, he tried soft plastics, casting unweighted baits around snags, drifting for the big river flatties, zilch
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:08 am

Thats surprising :o the Tambo is ussually very good for Bream fishing , but the Lakes system does suffer from alot of Pro netting . :down:

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:47 pm

well thats not what i wanted to hear! what about the other 2 big rivers? every day i read the paper and apparently the nicholson and mitchell are firing...

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:07 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:well thats not what i wanted to hear! what about the other 2 big rivers? every day i read the paper and apparently the nicholson and mitchell are firing...

The Tambo still has remarkable Bream fishing , but lately is either hot or cold 'bite wise' . Last time i fished the Tambo approx 2mths ago , the Bream were firing several days prior me fishing there & was dead while i was there :set1_fishing:

Return to “Bream Fishing”