Werribee River Bream - AFN The Fishing Show

Everything about bream
Post Reply
User avatar
Andrews
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Location: Bellarine Peninsula
Has liked: 179 times
Likes received: 419 times

Werribee River Bream - AFN The Fishing Show

Post by Andrews » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Great video knowing there are a few people up this way, looks like a great waterway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XADwuDdR2Wc
Amateur Land-based Fisherman & Photographer - Check out my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/?hl=en

User avatar
Sebb
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm
Has liked: 2141 times
Likes received: 1107 times

Re: Werribee River Bream - AFN The Fishing Show

Post by Sebb » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:09 pm

Yup, watched that video years ago.
The video failed to mention that section if very weedy and very tidal, unless maybe it wasn't that weedy at the time.
Can be very hard to fish when the tide is strong and weedy.
Otherwise, it's a great estuary system to fish :tu:
It's less than 15 mins drive for me.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

User avatar
Andrews
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Location: Bellarine Peninsula
Has liked: 179 times
Likes received: 419 times

Re: Werribee River Bream - AFN The Fishing Show

Post by Andrews » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:42 am

Sebb wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:09 pm
Yup, watched that video years ago.
The video failed to mention that section if very weedy and very tidal, unless maybe it wasn't that weedy at the time.
Can be very hard to fish when the tide is strong and weedy.
Otherwise, it's a great estuary system to fish :tu:
It's less than 15 mins drive for me.
Yeah, I just gave the spot a google and in some respects, it almost reminds me of the Barwon with it's strong tidal flow, and at times very weedy. I wonder how the clarity would compare being the day should be more sheltered, looks like a beaut system to run a yak down.
Little jealous haha!
Amateur Land-based Fisherman & Photographer - Check out my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/?hl=en

User avatar
Sebb
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm
Has liked: 2141 times
Likes received: 1107 times

Re: Werribee River Bream - AFN The Fishing Show

Post by Sebb » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:49 am

Andrews wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:42 am
Sebb wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:09 pm
Yup, watched that video years ago.
The video failed to mention that section if very weedy and very tidal, unless maybe it wasn't that weedy at the time.
Can be very hard to fish when the tide is strong and weedy.
Otherwise, it's a great estuary system to fish :tu:
It's less than 15 mins drive for me.
Yeah, I just gave the spot a google and in some respects, it almost reminds me of the Barwon with it's strong tidal flow, and at times very weedy. I wonder how the clarity would compare being the day should be more sheltered, looks like a beaut system to run a yak down.
Little jealous haha!
Definitely a good system.
Well if you got a kayak and willing to go here, I'll be your guide. Not guaranteed to catch fish though, haha.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

User avatar
Andrews
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Location: Bellarine Peninsula
Has liked: 179 times
Likes received: 419 times

Re: Werribee River Bream - AFN The Fishing Show

Post by Andrews » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm

haha, I may have to trek down that way ever for a land based flick. After all this lockdown it'll just be nice to travel.
Amateur Land-based Fisherman & Photographer - Check out my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/?hl=en

User avatar
Sebb
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:30 pm
Has liked: 2141 times
Likes received: 1107 times

Re: Werribee River Bream - AFN The Fishing Show

Post by Sebb » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:32 pm

Andrews wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm
haha, I may have to trek down that way ever for a land based flick. After all this lockdown it'll just be nice to travel.
The landbased access from the mouth going upstream is limited. Private lands, etc. Until K road (K cliff). K cliff has good landbased access and still brackish water.
Fishing the section between mouth and K cliff is best on kayak or small boat.
Either way, let me know if you're coming this way :tu:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

User avatar
Andrews
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Location: Bellarine Peninsula
Has liked: 179 times
Likes received: 419 times

Re: Werribee River Bream - AFN The Fishing Show

Post by Andrews » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:01 pm

Sebb wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:32 pm
Andrews wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm
haha, I may have to trek down that way ever for a land based flick. After all this lockdown it'll just be nice to travel.
The landbased access from the mouth going upstream is limited. Private lands, etc. Until K road (K cliff). K cliff has good landbased access and still brackish water.
Fishing the section between mouth and K cliff is best on kayak or small boat.
Either way, let me know if you're coming this way :tu:
For sure, the same goes when you're able to make it down this way haha!
Amateur Land-based Fisherman & Photographer - Check out my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/?hl=en

Post Reply

Return to “Bream Fishing”