Looking for squid

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
rambocambo
Has liked: 7 times

Re: Looking for squid

Post by rambocambo » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:35 pm

Sneaky1 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:52 am
Would you park at the trailer car park? Wonder if it's free for non-trailers without Kingston permit?
I usually launch elsewhere but curious about this option.
My research suggest its free for trailer parking only. I'm 99% sure. Otherwise you'd have to pay in someway. Luckily enough for me I recently got a trailer for my outback.

rambocambo
Has liked: 7 times

Post by rambocambo » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:58 pm

So I launched at black rock for the first time on the 2nd ramp. The conditions were calm but the water was really murky green.

Made my way towards the marine park staying in 3-4 meters. Did not catch any squid. The ground was mostly long stretches of sand with really small weed patches here and there - as far as I could tell on the sounder. I end up use the soft plastic most of the time.

Sneaky1
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Sneaky1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:35 pm

rambocambo wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:58 pm
So I launched at black rock for the first time on the 2nd ramp. The conditions were calm but the water was really murky green.

Made my way towards the marine park staying in 3-4 meters. Did not catch any squid. The ground was mostly long stretches of sand with really small weed patches here and there - as far as I could tell on the sounder. I end up use the soft plastic most of the time.
Hopefully the water is clearer next time and you can actually see the weed / structure below.
Did you notice any bait fish when launching / coming back?
It was new moon today too, wonder if this affects squid activity...

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”