Awesome fishing action at Black Rock Video

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Re: Awesome fishing action at Black Rock Video

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:55 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:36 am
3 inch gulps mate on a 1/6th or 1/4oz jighead size 1 hook if fishing in 7mt or so and you should get them.
That sounds about right. I was using 3g and 7g Jarvis Walker jig heads. 3 inch Nemesis in Nuclear Chicken plastics and i swapped to bigger ones (5 or 6 inch) out deeper which is what i got all the Flathead on. Also something we found interesting was that i was using the larger plastic while my deckie was using the smaller ones but i kept landing bigger Flathead than he did.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

thebigal_au
Has liked: 5 times

Post by thebigal_au » Tue May 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:19 pm
Great session mate.
Enjoyed the vid.
Cheers :thumbsup:
Thanks !!!

thebigal_au
Has liked: 5 times

Post by thebigal_au » Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:55 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:36 am
3 inch gulps mate on a 1/6th or 1/4oz jighead size 1 hook if fishing in 7mt or so and you should get them.
That sounds about right. I was using 3g and 7g Jarvis Walker jig heads. 3 inch Nemesis in Nuclear Chicken plastics and i swapped to bigger ones (5 or 6 inch) out deeper which is what i got all the Flathead on. Also something we found interesting was that i was using the larger plastic while my deckie was using the smaller ones but i kept landing bigger Flathead than he did.
That's great that you have been out trying to land a few, and nothing wrong with a few good flathead.
When fishing plastics ill generally fish with 1/8, 1/12, or 1/6 unless in deep water with strong current maybe a bit heavier. The lighter jig head allows the plastic to slowly drift down and entice pinkies. When the jig head is to heavy it just sits on the bottom. Hopefully that might be something to try on your next session. Also I have been using 6cm soft plastics, pinkies 30cm and above may struggle to take on a 3inch soft plastic even though some greedy flatties will scoff them. I hope this helps. !!

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”