Mordialloc Pier

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
LachyBell

Mordialloc Pier

Post by LachyBell » Wed May 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Me and my family are heading down to Mordialloc Pier this Sunday at about 10ish. Low tide is between 12 and 1. I have crank baits plastics and metal vibes and hardbodys packed and ready. Are these good for salmon and does the tide matter. PS I will also be fishing in the creek for bream.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Mordialloc Pier

Post by Lightningx » Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Caught plenty of salmons off that pier with plastics and metals :)

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Wed May 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Lightningx wrote:Caught plenty of salmons off that pier with plastics and metals :)
Does it matter what tide it is and do I need to burley

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Not sure if the thousands of salmon that inhabit that reef every season are there yet, but bait fish profile soft plastics are the better option. Slim swimz by Zman or something similar.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed May 02, 2018 1:01 pm

LachyBell wrote:
Lightningx wrote:Caught plenty of salmons off that pier with plastics and metals :)
Does it matter what tide it is and do I need to burley
I have personally had more luck around a high tide. Never burleyed before.

Owen3838438

Post by Owen3838438 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Good luck to you! I also intend to fish there next week!

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Wed May 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Burley always help especialy when a school is located then burley will keep them around longer. Look out for big flock of birds on top of water they are indication that salmons could be underneath. I used to have soo much fun on salmon there and in my opinion have 2 rods one rigged with a metal lure to scout the water as it covers more grounds and can draw the schools closer to the pier where you can then swap to the second rod with soft plastic and work the closer waters. The salmons are school size normaly and dont stay in one place so swapping rods often get me onto them more frequently.
Goodluck :water:

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Wed May 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Kenle wrote:Burley always help especialy when a school is located then burley will keep them around longer. Look out for big flock of birds on top of water they are indication that salmons could be underneath. I used to have soo much fun on salmon there and in my opinion have 2 rods one rigged with a metal lure to scout the water as it covers more grounds and can draw the schools closer to the pier where you can then swap to the second rod with soft plastic and work the closer waters. The salmons are school size normaly and dont stay in one place so swapping rods often get me onto them more frequently.
Goodluck :water:
Thanks a bunch man, hopefully snag a few, is the end of the pier my best bet

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Wed May 02, 2018 2:00 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:Not sure if the thousands of salmon that inhabit that reef every season are there yet, but bait fish profile soft plastics are the better option. Slim swimz by Zman or something similar.
Is the reef off the end of the pier and what months will they school up. Surely there will be a few schools there at this time though.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed May 02, 2018 2:09 pm

Should start firing very soon mate. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already around :thumbsup:

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”