Brighton breakwall kooloores/donuts 7-5-14

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
nhillboy

Brighton breakwall kooloores/donuts 7-5-14

Post by nhillboy » Thu May 08, 2014 12:42 am

Finished work early today so made a decision to go have a fish at Brighton with Bomber George as he has done well there lately and I have been doing buggar all at Mt.Martha. Arrived 4.30pm conditions not so choppy 10 knots SE. First thing we saw in the water as we were setting up was a banana peel floating past, not a good sign we both agreed. Had nibbles here and there without 1 hook up throughout the whole session. A little after dark it swung to an Easterly and bloody chilly. Both of us packed up and left at 10.30pm with the breakwall/pier completely deserted, never seen it like that before. Both headed home with a big fat donut each, George with his favourite Krispy Kreme and me with a sugar coated jam one. Must mention the water was icy cold which I think has maybe moved the majority of pinkys out to deeper water. :cheers: to you all and thanks for reading.

Freakazoid

Re: Brighton breakwall kooloores/donuts 7-5-14

Post by Freakazoid » Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 am

Bad luck guys... I chickened out heading down there this afternoon because I preferred the comfort of my heater haha

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu May 08, 2014 12:50 am

Anyone having a go in this weather is a bl**dy legend.. :thumbsup:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu May 08, 2014 1:00 am

I went out as well after work and caught 7 on lures. Not as big as Carl's martha haul but still good bait. Soaked bait for pinkies while tossing artificials but only pulled up a small pinky which was released. Had plenty of nibbles on bait but no fireworks. Too calm for pinkies.

Packed up after 1 hour as I needed to attend this stupid online training I am on at the moment. :doh1:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

anth2013

Post by anth2013 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 am

Fish-cador wrote:I went out as well after work and caught 7 on lures. Not as big as Carl's martha haul but still good bait. Soaked bait for pinkies while tossing artificials but only pulled up a small pinky which was released. Had plenty of nibbles on bait but no fireworks. Too calm for pinkies.

Packed up after 1 hour as I needed to attend this stupid online training I am on at the moment. :doh1:
Oh Fish-cador ure doin online training to learn how to catch exculsive pinkies :rofl:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu May 08, 2014 1:11 am

anth2013 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:I went out as well after work and caught 7 on lures. Not as big as Carl's martha haul but still good bait. Soaked bait for pinkies while tossing artificials but only pulled up a small pinky which was released. Had plenty of nibbles on bait but no fireworks. Too calm for pinkies.

Oh Fish-cador ure doin online training to learn how to catch exculsive pinkies :rofl:
sort off. :tease:

Nah, I want a $50K salary increase and they wont give it to me unless I complete the training.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 am

did one of you guys have a red ss
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu May 08, 2014 7:40 am

You guys are really dedicated to keep going in the cold weather this time of year I limit my activities to daylight only and good days at that

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:51 am

complete-anglerz-12 wrote:did one of you guys have a red ss
Hi CA, if you mean SS commodore no. I'm a Ford man :lolf:

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:03 pm

nhillboy wrote:
complete-anglerz-12 wrote:did one of you guys have a red ss
Hi CA, if you mean SS commodore no. I'm a Ford man :lolf:
ok cheers stop't to fish their around 1 last night and a guy said it was dead so we went lagoon after mordie and not even a bite it was tough night
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”