Aldi Fishing Gear!

SIKKO_X2

Aldi Fishing Gear!

Post by SIKKO_X2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:35 pm

G'day guys,
i just wanted to bring your attention to the sale on fishing gear at Aldi that starts on the 27th. here is the link:
http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/o ... 121027.htm

it appears that aldi do similiar deals at the same time each year so i was wondering if anybody bought any of this gear last year and what they thought? i want to buy some braid for all of my other reels that i never use, as they all have mono on them at the moment and the only time they get used is when i let my friends use them and i love braid but dont want to spend alot of money on reels that rarely get used.

I am also interested in the lip-grippers and circle-ring pliers if anybody has any feedback on these.

cheers

garfish001

Re: Aldi Fishing Gear!

Post by garfish001 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:24 am

SIKKO_X2 wrote:G'day guys,
i just wanted to bring your attention to the sale on fishing gear at Aldi that starts on the 27th. here is the link:
http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/o ... 121027.htm

it appears that aldi do similiar deals at the same time each year so i was wondering if anybody bought any of this gear last year and what they thought? i want to buy some braid for all of my other reels that i never use, as they all have mono on them at the moment and the only time they get used is when i let my friends use them and i love braid but dont want to spend alot of money on reels that rarely get used.

I am also interested in the lip-grippers and circle-ring pliers if anybody has any feedback on these.

cheers
I like to add to ur enquiry if any of the members have bought the overhead reel combo last year (was about $99), please give us some feed back, just in case its back for sale. thanks

SIKKO_X2

Post by SIKKO_X2 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:54 pm

sale starts tommorow, ill pop in before work to grab a few goodies. ill post my thoughts when i finish work

SIKKO_X2

Post by SIKKO_X2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:15 am

went to aldi and picked up a few bits and pieces. i got:
-lip grippers
-pliers
-250m 8lb braid
-200m 30lb braid
-200m 20lb braid
-95mm popper

the braid looks alright, its a bit thick but it should be fine on the reels that i lend to friends. After a bit of research there are tonnes of people who stock up on it every year and swear by it, so ill just have to wait and see.

the lip grippers are nothing special, they will get the job done and are better than not having any.

the pliers look good, they have a pouch that clips onto your belt, they are spring loaded and have a cutter, crimp and split ring bulge, making them pretty useful. They arent stainless so they need to be looked after but for $7 you cant really complain.

The popper looks alright, much better than the rileys poppers that i bought from fishingtackleshop. The trebles seem to be good quality and wont bend, ill take it out to the pool later and check the action.

There were a bunch of other hardbodies and metal slugs (gillies rip-offs) but i didnt buy any as i have plenty of gillies slugs and good quality hardbodies already. plus the hardbodies didnt have any information on diving depth. I also didnt see any rod/reel combos, they must have been snapped up already. all in all i highly recommend taking a look at what theyve got, $50 can get you a whole lot of spare bits and pieces for the tackle box or boat

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”