Review: Olight i3UV Ultra-Violet Calamari Torch- Under $15

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Review: Olight i3UV Ultra-Violet Calamari Torch- Under $15

Post by Andrews » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Hey everyone,

SUMMARY
Full discolsure I paid for this with my own money, completely independent.

I wanted to give an independent review for the Olight i3UV, which is an Ultra-Violet (UV) 395nm keychain torch that I have been using squid fishing for three months now. I use this UV torch to light up my jigs and activate the 'glow bodies' material which shines a brightly, before becoming duller as the light is released.
Screenshot_5.jpg
SPECIFICATIONS
The Olight i3UV is made of a lightweight alluminium alloy weighing only 19.5grams and shines a bright 9.6 watt 395nm violet light. This keychain takes a single AAA battery and has an estimated run time of 40 minutes. This product cost me $12 AUD from Ebay, free postage and can be found elsewhere at similar prices.
IMG_0129.jpg
EXPERIENCE
This torch as an Olight, has met all of the high expectations I put on the product for the branding of Olight alone. After three months of use (three times a week), this product has been running strong on a single AAA battery and is powerful enough to light up my jigs to a bright green glow. The light weight and small size has allowed me to attach it to my pants belt loop for easy access when fishing and the product has a high quality aluminium feel.
At the price of under $15 dollars, I have already bought a spare and if like my other Olight products, I won't be needing spare for many, many years in the future. It's been a hit at the pier toom with about five of my friends purchasing the same torch within weeks of seeing it in action.
IMG_0035.jpg
I think for someone who is fishing nights, this is a must to up my squid game. You can also have fun with this, from lighting up your whole jig, just the head or even only the eyes!

I definately vouch for this product.
IMG_0103.jpg
Last edited by Andrews on Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Review: Olight i3UV Ultra-Violet Calamari Torch- Under $15

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:44 pm

Thanks for the review. I need a spare one and this will be perfect
Cheers

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Review: Olight i3UV Ultra-Violet Calamari Torch- Under $15

Post by Andrews » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:52 pm

No worries! Yeah at that price it's hard not too haha!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”