Pliers for salt

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Pliers for salt

Post by happyfriggincamper » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:01 am

cobby wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:47 pm
https://www.ottostackleworld.com.au/sa ... se-pliers

Got these the other month and so far they've held up without a scratch to a dunking, pulled out from rocks after being wedged in tight a few times, dropped on concrete, stood on, numerous uses on braid and flurocarbon of the cutting part and removing countless hooks from fish all without getting a wash or even a wipe down. For $15 If they last 12 months I'm bloody happy
Yes - was looking at these! So no signs of Teflon chipping so far on the body from drops/scraping or where you grab the hook?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:17 am

Those samaki ones look great.
Only issue with those ones are if the spring breaks then the pliers are useless pretty much.

Im using the rogue long nose pliers from bcf. Its rusting after a year of use. But its about 10 bucks I think. So not a big deal. I's handy for going down deep to retrieve lures and also easy to remove small sized trebles and jigheads

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:14 am

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:01 am
cobby wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:47 pm
https://www.ottostackleworld.com.au/sa ... se-pliers

Got these the other month and so far they've held up without a scratch to a dunking, pulled out from rocks after being wedged in tight a few times, dropped on concrete, stood on, numerous uses on braid and flurocarbon of the cutting part and removing countless hooks from fish all without getting a wash or even a wipe down. For $15 If they last 12 months I'm bloody happy
Yes - was looking at these! So no signs of Teflon chipping so far on the body from drops/scraping or where you grab the hook?
No. When they say teflon coated, it's more a ptfe infused paint job. And I wouldn't worry about the spring snapping either

MickCov
Has liked: 13 times

Post by MickCov » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Hfc,I’ve had a couple of good ones including a decent midrange leatherman.and my Schrade ADF multitool.
Keep them oiled and they are all good.
Prefer a Bunnings tool for fishing though,great value.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:19 am

aldi ones do ok with a regular spray and rinse. Usually toss them over the side of the kayak before they get chance to rust out

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”