Your Tackle Box Setup

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Your Tackle Box Setup

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:33 pm

For me in the boat I have everything I need stored in trays in the storage compartments in the boat.
I have plastics in a holder bag like yours and the main ones I use lying loose in the storage hatch.

Gulps are stored in leak proof containers also in the storage hatch.

Jigheads again in a airtight container by themselves and spares in the storage hatch.

Squid jigs depending on where I'm going I either take the ones that I have success in the area or take a whole heap and store them in the storage hatch.

I also have scissors, dehookers, leaders and the likes in another storage hatch.

I have a dedicated tackle bag for offshore stuff.

Dedicated tackle bag for bream.

Dedicated tackle bag for squid jigs as well.

Landbased squidding or soft plastics I just carry a sling bag with a few jigs and plastics, leader, pliers etc.

Landbased sharks if and when I do go I just take my waders, headlamp and a chair to sit, I use all my friends equipment as I donated all my surf gear to a charity guy after I bought my boat.

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:43 pm

saph wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 pm

What tackle box? everything i need can fit in my bag plus snacks when i buy them
i vote this is the best way (its mine so i can :te: ) but i can go basicly anywhere with this and not stress about having stuff since it all compacts into a bag with plenty of room to stash some snacks away in aswell.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:23 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:57 pm
Texas wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:49 pm
I've got a ute & carry too much stuff
Most of it is VB slabs :rf:
Boony, that's why they made tub liners (huge esky)

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:18 am

Purple5ive, it sounds like your boat has a lot of under deck/seat lockers for storage which would be great. I have two large under floor lockers, one i use for things that can get wet as it is not sealed but the other one now has an 80lt fuel tank. Other than that ive really just got the side pockets and a bit of room under the front deck that is impossible to get so easily and i can slide a 40lt tub under the back seat.

It seems like most people these days are using tackle bags with trays rather than the traditional tackle box. I feel like this is a better way to go, you can easily swap trays out as some have said and i really like all the outside pockets for keeping various items in easy reach.

I have been watching a lot of Youtube fishing shows over the weeks and at some point i noticed one guy had stuff hanging in his boat in pouches. That has got me thinking that maybe something like those things you can get to hang stuff on the back of your seat in the car might be handy. Does anybody use anything like this in their boat?
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:15 am

Use Plano trays and bags. Squid jig trays, snapper/gummy trays, Whiting trays and lure trays. Carry leaders in my black magic leader feeder. Have smaller trays with hardbodies and a tub for my hobie. my hobie
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:24 am

yes, i made the storage areas myself (with cheaterparts helping me out with the welding), i knew what i wanted to end up with eventually so planned accordingly.

have a look at the thread below

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=15695&p=199382&hil ... 00#p199382

the compartments are visible here, the ones with the masking tape on them are the compartments.
theres 4 of them in the front, they are not very deep, but does hold a fair bit of stuff.i have 2 clear storage tubs from bunnings on each side and one in the middle, so the stuff in it generally stays dry.
i made it like this so i can have the deck mess free and comfortably walk around the boat without stepping on things.
one on the right, has all the safety equipment and spares.
one on the left has the lure boxes, tackle boxes, gulp containers and squid jigs
one in front of the centre console has the life jackets and oars (also houses the spare 25l fuel can when going on long trips)
the one in front of that has the loose lure packets, leaders, scissors and things like that.

the casting decks in the rear also has hatches on them
one houses the spare 2 stroke oil, muffs, bailer and couple of things like that
other side usually stores food, or doubles as a fish storage if we havent brought an esky
middle is fixed with the 25l fuel tank sitting under it.

i also have storage inside the centre console.
it houses the batteries with a shelf on top of that which has a spare jacket, sunnies, motorguide remote and few bits like that

i dont have pics of whats stored in there, but ill get some if you need.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:39 am

That looks like a great setup, very clean.

That is how i like it. I hate it when you get out on the water and there is crap all over the place. I like to take a fair amount of stuff with me, but at the same time i want it to be all stowed away where it is easy to get to but out of the way.

The worst thing for me is when i bring mates and they always bring a backpack each with them and i just dont really have anywhere to put them that is out of the way, but easy to access.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:54 am

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:39 am

That is how i like it. I hate it when you get out on the water and there is crap all over the place. I like to take a fair amount of stuff with me, but at the same time i want it to be all stowed away where it is easy to get to but out of the way.

The worst thing for me is when i bring mates and they always bring a backpack each with them and i just dont really have anywhere to put them that is out of the way, but easy to access.
Alot of people are now using backpacks because tackle box's no longer make sense with those that fish on lures to have to carry around both jig heads and lures aswell as everything for bait fishing, i went to a tackle tray down to what i posted with just a few things i can go out and fish.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:05 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:39 am

im hearing you about the deckies..
i have the same issue, they bring half the house with them and then its back to square 1, walking all over stuff everywhere.
i try and mention in a nice way that its a small boat, so only bring whats necessary.
some get it, some dont.
i generally fish 2 or 3 max on that boat, so it all adds up. being an open boat its a bit more roomier, but at the cost of being open to the elements.

as for taking lot of stuff, i do the same. but the difference for me is i can have i stored out of the way and ready to go in a jiffy.
squid jigs, plastics, metal slugs, and some hard bodies are always on hand in my boat
if the pinkies are not around, look for salmon, if no dice, then squid. etc etc..

if you have a pic of your storage on the boat mate, post it up, myself or someone else here might be able to suggest a few ideas once we have seen what its like.

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:24 pm

I think my best storage investment so far over all these tackle boxes were the Sistema Klip containers. They're food grade, clear, stackable and come in a size range from 250ml to 1l+. They're just all round great storage and gives you options.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”