Bearing Checking Tool

Post by BlueBottleFishing » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Here is a new gadget for those who like to service their own reels

http://www.bluebottlefishing.com/pro...tool-blue.html

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Bearing Checking Tool

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:58 pm

BlueBottleFishing wrote:Here is a new gadget for those who like to service their own reels

Followed the link and got
The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist.

tboner

Post by tboner » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

lol

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
BlueBottleFishing wrote:Here is a new gadget for those who like to service their own reels

Followed the link and got
The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist.
Could have been worse mate, could have been a a boxing glove on a spring...
Carl..

BlueBottleFishing

Post by BlueBottleFishing » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:57 pm

What the ........ :wall: :wall: :wall:

http://www.bluebottlefishing.com/produc ... -blue.html

try now :lolf:

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:19 am

Hey Spiro.

I certainly don't like to rain on yer parade, as I do think the tools is a great idea & extremely handy if you do a fair amount of work with reel bearings, but I have to admit I can't see the jiustification in spending $50 for one of these.
I made a similar tool from a piece of 8 inch long broom handle sanded on a belt sander to produce a taper along it's length. I then used various flat washers of measured inside diameter to drop onto the tape & then mark so I knew the diameter of the taper at those marked points. Works a treat, took me all of 20 mins to 1/2 hr to make (including measuring flat washers) & cost less than $1. Good tool though - wouldn't be without mine now.

BlueBottleFishing

Post by BlueBottleFishing » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Bartnmax wrote:Hey Spiro.

I certainly don't like to rain on yer parade, as I do think the tools is a great idea & extremely handy if you do a fair amount of work with reel bearings, but I have to admit I can't see the jiustification in spending $50 for one of these.
I made a similar tool from a piece of 8 inch long broom handle sanded on a belt sander to produce a taper along it's length. I then used various flat washers of measured inside diameter to drop onto the tape & then mark so I knew the diameter of the taper at those marked points. Works a treat, took me all of 20 mins to 1/2 hr to make (including measuring flat washers) & cost less than $1. Good tool though - wouldn't be without mine now.
No offense taken Bartnmax - i think that there are a few types of people in the world that either like to make their own or have it made for them.
Then there are gadget people and tackle junkies who like to have something that's different - guess which one i am ......:woohoo:
I am a complete gadget and tackle junkie so i look for items for others that have the same "madness" as i have. :super:
It also makes for good conversation and also showcases other peoples ingenuity

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”