Binoculars

Mick.S

Binoculars

Post by Mick.S » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Just wondering what others are using?
Looking at getting a set, but would like to get some advice and recommendations from the fellow fishermen.
Budget $50

Thanks

drew 2

Re: Binoculars

Post by drew 2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

I got a set of outdoor expeditions 7x50,been in the boat for about 5 years so are a bit battered and bruised but still work fine for what i want to do with them,from memory paid about $80 for them.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:45 pm

i had a pair in the boat for 3 years never used them so took them out,
my grandfather had a pair there in his big boat for years and only used them a few times

all depends why you need them
if your whale watching or on coast guard or surf rescue you need a decent pair (around $150++) but other wise a cheap pair will do ($50+)

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm

yeah i got a pair that was bought for me when i was a kid so ive had this for quite awhile now.. but does the job well i duno what brand it is lol but its a 12x25 (70m / 1000m ) so it does the job for me, i generally use it for the piers etc to watch whats the action like, or when a boat/jetski comes close i cant see their rego i record it down.

But like smile0784 said it really depends what you wanna do with them.. can be spending up to hundreds but thats entirely up to you. :)
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Mick.S wrote:Just wondering what others are using?
Looking at getting a set, but would like to get some advice and recommendations from the fellow fishermen.
Budget $50

Thanks
Check out the line of Vixen binos. Damned good stuff.
Great quality optics but a touch above ya $50 budget (like about $400-$500 above)
To be honest, for $50 I'd reckon save yer money & forget it.
$50 won't get ya anything that'll last so you'll only find yerself throwing $50 away in the long run.

If ya have a look around on ebay ya can sometimes pick up East German (pre-unification) ex-mil Zeiss 7x50s for around $250 & at that price ya simply won't get better optics for the money. I have a pair & they are auto focus with magnificent clarity, rugged construction, & a field of view that's unbeatable. By far the best binos I' ve ever used.

http://www.opticscentral.com.au/binocul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 3godRQYAJw

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”