Kananook Creek Boat Ramp

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
ango

Kananook Creek Boat Ramp

Post by ango » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi Guys,
I am sure that some of you guys use the Kananook Creek Boat Ramp in Frankston, anyhow it is currently being rebuilt & the creek is being "desilted". I was thinking a floating dock would be a good upgrade for this ramp, anyhow I have sent the following email to the FCC and copied to Geoff Shaw.

I was thinking that with the Kananook Creek boat ramp rebuild and the de-silting going ahead it would not need much more in the way of funds to install a floating dock and address a safety issue that I described below "getting into and out of boats from the dock at is exist is certainly a safety issue as you need to climb down approx 1 meter to get into your boat & if you slip & fall it could result in serious injury". There is room for quiet a long 1 m to 1.5 m wide dock at the west side of the ramps, that is between the ramps & the beach. I understand the funding for projects like this is available from fishing licence revenue, I am unsure about the process by which it is accessed, but feel this should be explored. This would transform this facility into one that is state of the art and allow greater participation in fishing/boating by the older or less physically capable members of the community. I am sure that everybody associated with the provision of a floating dock will earn the enduring gratitude of the many current and prospective users of this ramp. "

Anyway, with the election coming up it would be a good time to start hassling Bruce Bilson, Geoff Shaw & the FCC to see if something can be done. I am sick of climbing up and down the doch to get in & out of the boat.

Regards from
Ango.

Return to “General”