Cheap[er] reels

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Hatetangles
Has liked: 72 times

Cheap[er] reels

Post by Hatetangles » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:06 pm

Hello legends ,

some of you may know this? but for those that don't, Amazon Au is selling reels for approx $40-50 cheaper than BCF/Anaconda.
I went to BCF today to see if they would price match Amazon, and after the verified the cheaper price on Amazon, BCF matched it, if they didn't want to match it i would have ordered the reel from Amazon but would have had to wait upto about 2 weeks for delivery.
So the RRP BCF club price for a Shimano Miravel 2500 at BCF is selling @ $180, and they ended up price matching which meant i ended up walking out with the reel for $140 which i reckon is pretty good value for a very decent reel.Amazon is selling the Vanford 2500 for $250, which is still $50 cheaper than BCF/Anaconda. So, if you are in the market for a new reel, rod, i highly recommend you check Amazon, and use it against the other retailers.
When i checked out at BCF, the manager and i had a bit of a chat about Amazon, and she said she is aware how much cheaper they are and said that they have no choice but to match them so, this is a good thing, i should have checked with Anaconda because they have a ''found a cheaper price they beat it by 10% policy'' but i don't think they would? anyhow just thought i would share this so you can save a bit of cash, cheers.

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Re: Cheap[er] reels

Post by Sebb » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:21 pm

That's interesting.
Usually those stores only match with other stores (as ij there's physical store in Australia), and not online stuff.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Hatetangles

Post by Hatetangles » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:26 pm

Yep, i actually didnt think they would match it for that reason also, first the sales guy was saying it's not the same colour then we found the model for the same colour on Amazon. Then he was like its shipped from Japan, and i'm like well id rather have one thats shipped from Japan LOL, and then he was like free delivery is only into Sydney warehouse, and i said if Amazon says free delivery its free delivery to anywhere in Aust, so he was doing what he was paid to do so i can't fault him on that. Then he checked with the manager and she approved so i was like great thanks.I used to work in sales in i would always match our competitors, better to get some money for the company even if its a small margin, then none at all was my thinking.

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:05 pm

That's really good that they were able to match that, I went into a local one down here to see if they'd price match amazon and they said they couldn't. Sounds like you snagged a deal!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Hatetangles

Post by Hatetangles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:36 pm

Andrews wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:05 pm
That's really good that they were able to match that, I went into a local one down here to see if they'd price match amazon and they said they couldn't. Sounds like you snagged a deal!
yeah maybe i was lucky, but yeah if they didnt match it i would have bought from Amazon, i only asked them in the hope they would so i could take the reel the next day to use , as i lost a rod in the water the week before...i actually found a rod in the low tide yesterday but it wasnt the one i lost unfortunatley, it was a jarvis walker rod with an old model shimano 3000. the new reel (Miravel) is pretty good, very happy with it , perfect reel for the kayak.

Return to “General”