what's the weirdest thing you have found or seen while fishing?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: what's the weirdest thing you have found or seen while fishing?

Post by mazman » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:01 am

ducky wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:25 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:52 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:32 pm
People dressed in attire with brand logos all over them....
lol, you mean those shirts they all wear? It's like they have to get dressed up to go fishing. The best is the buffs that they were when it's 35 celsius
But that's literally the time to wear them. I only rock them when the uv is really high so the back of my neck and ears don't get crucified. They aren't meant to be neck warmers.
Dipping them in the water is a great way to keep cool too but the uv protection is the main part, I never remember to reapply sunscreen
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:14 am

mazman wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:01 am
ducky wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
rb85 wrote:
lol, you mean those shirts they all wear? It's like they have to get dressed up to go fishing. The best is the buffs that they were when it's 35 celsius
But that's literally the time to wear them. I only rock them when the uv is really high so the back of my neck and ears don't get crucified. They aren't meant to be neck warmers.
Dipping them in the water is a great way to keep cool too but the uv protection is the main part, I never remember to reapply sunscreen
Yep. Gotta agree with ducky and Maz on this one. Unless you are using them it's easy to look past it as a gimmick.
Wetting the buff in summer is awesome. I also love them in winter as a neck warmer.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:46 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:14 am
mazman wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:01 am
ducky wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Yep. Gotta agree with ducky and Maz on this one. Unless you are using them it's easy to look past it as a gimmick.
Wetting the buff in summer is awesome. I also love them in winter as a neck warmer.

Ive been wearing my buffs all winter while cycling to work, love em
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:46 am

Being from England I very pale and the sun burns the sh@t out of Me so I always buy long sleeve shirts and wear a hat called frillneck covers my ears and neck. I buy the shirts in winter from anaconda,bcf etc cheap as chips I picked up 2 in geelong $5 dollars each down from $75. Why get ink all over good clothes I don't care if I look like a plonker it's all about keeping cool and keeping the sun from trying to kill me which is unfortunate because I like it in the 40's

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:27 am

Anyone witnessed Aurora Australis at night? It can be seen from the Prom occasionally so I'm told

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Nude up wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:46 am
Being from England I very pale and the sun burns the sh@t out of Me so I always buy long sleeve shirts and wear a hat called frillneck covers my ears and neck. I buy the shirts in winter from anaconda,bcf etc cheap as chips I picked up 2 in geelong $5 dollars each down from $75. Why get ink all over good clothes I don't care if I look like a plonker it's all about keeping cool and keeping the sun from trying to kill me which is unfortunate because I like it in the 40's
Skin cancer is something all of us fishermen and outdoor enthusiasts need to take a bit more seriously.
The newer fishing / tournament styled shirts have a decent UV rating to them which is great, another reason to add one to the wardrobe.
The anaconda ones are one of the best ones I have used, very good fitment and very comfortable. Got a few myself for the 5 bucks clearance sale.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:16 pm

People still complaining about fishing shirts on this forum in 2022?

Granted I don't buy the ones loaded with hundreds of mercury, lowrance, tackleworld, yamaha, mustad logo's with renders of swordfish jumping out of the water and hammerhead sharks all over it (to each their own) they're still great shirts. Nice and light, sunsmart, and made for fishing by fishing brands.. Beats wearing a wife beater, flanny or bin-tang singlet imo. I usually just go for the simpler style polyester or poly microfibre collared ones made by shimano or daiwa whoever with one logo on the peck area.

https://www.anacondastores.com/clothing ... vAQAvD_BwE

Something like this. These are great imo.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:24 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:16 pm
People still complaining about fishing shirts on this forum in 2022?

And will be onto 2023 the ones with all the tacky logos at least.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:31 pm

Too right, the best investment you can make fishing is in quality clothing appropriate for the conditions.
Sun is strong enough even without water glare in the picture.
Poly and nylon are the go to in summer, light weight, breathable and good sun protection.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Paulanderson
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Paulanderson » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:08 pm

Kimtown asked about the Aurora - we have seen it while camped out at Eucumbene so am sure it could be seen from the Prom sometimes.

Return to “General”