Permit to go off track

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Permit to go off track

Post by Sebb » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:12 am

So we will need a permit if we were to walk off track for fishing.... 🤔
What do you guys think?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news.c ... 3405%3famp
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Re: Permit to go off track

Post by fisho999 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:21 am

the link doesn't work for me, but I'm guessing this means if we are fishing a remote dam in the bush or some water in an isolated area we will need a permit to fish it?

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:13 am

Can't read the link Sebb... if it's anything like Tassie, entering private land one must gain permission from the landowner, a private/commercial company (such as Forico, hardwood plantations) permission must also be gained and most of them here won't give it due to anyone getting injured while they're on the property. A lot of trout fishers here think a trout license gives one the right to enter anyone's property, it doesn't. So I don't know if this is what you are referring to, then the laws in your state more than likely differ from what we have in Tassie as well, different states may have different laws.

cheers
Adrian..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Link worked for me, article is pretty vague but I don't like the idea of having to stay on tracks. Leads to things like designated fishing areas which are set by someone with no idea and are pretty much useless a lot of the time

https://www.news.com.au/technology/envi ... 3f55933405
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Dan slammed for ‘nanny state’ rules in Victorian parks.

Daniel Andrews has been accused of trying to install “nanny state” rules across his state’s city and regional parks.

Walkers and riders caught not using government-sanctioned trails could face heavy fines, while swimmers could be barred from some waterways without a permit.

The new rules, which will affect more than 50 city and regional parks across Victoria, were outlined in the government’s proposed Metropolitan and Regional Parks Regulations.

Changes include a fine of up to $924 for walking off a park trail.

Victorians conducting “intrusive research” – interfering with “wildlife, soil, rocks, vegetation or visitors or that contravenes any regulation applying to the park” – could be hit with a $1,472 fine.

Those wanting to swim in a body of water at a park will require a permit unless that waterway has been clearly designated for swimming.

Rock climbers, abseilers, hang gliders and paragliders will also need to get a permit unless an area has been designated for it.

Those wanting to fill up a chainsaw with fuel or oil could also cop a $1,840 fine.

The rules, which are currently in a consultation process, are due to come into force before the upcoming November 26 election.

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:20 pm

meppstas wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:13 am
Can't read the link Sebb... if it's anything like Tassie, entering private land one must gain permission from the landowner, a private/commercial company (such as Forico, hardwood plantations) permission must also be gained and most of them here won't give it due to anyone getting injured while they're on the property. A lot of trout fishers here think a trout license gives one the right to enter anyone's property, it doesn't. So I don't know if this is what you are referring to, then the laws in your state more than likely differ from what we have in Tassie as well, different states may have different laws.

cheers
Adrian..
It's different Adrian.
I just posted the article.
To me it sounds like if I wanter to fish a river, going off track to jump in and wade, I would need a permit.

fisho999

Post by fisho999 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:30 pm

parachute into the river so you don't get fined lol.

it doesn't sound good at all, I doubt anyone will take notice though, off-track walks are great.
i didn't see anything about fishos included on the list, is the government saying that fishos count as walkers?

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:30 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:30 pm
parachute into the river so you don't get fined lol.

it doesn't sound good at all, I doubt anyone will take notice though, off-track walks are great.
i didn't see anything about fishos included on the list, is the government saying that fishos count as walkers?
Who knows...

🤷‍♂️

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:55 pm

Going to need a permit to take a leak.

fisho999