St Leonards Ramp Upgrade

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
denis barden

St Leonards Ramp Upgrade

Post by denis barden » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:06 am

Not much info yet
Looks like it might be a Rock Groyne or Wave Attenuators -Dependant on Dollars
Concept I/W not out for public discussion yet
I snooped this info yesterday

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: St Leonards Ramp Upgrade

Post by Andrews » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:54 pm

Interesting and hopeful news hearing it's potentially in discussion, the ramp has always been so exposed to any N / E wind. I'd imagine that realistically it most likely be a rock groyne because lets be honest, attenuators are too flash for St Leonards. An accessible groyne would be awesome for snapper seeing how popular the ramp gets with land based fishos.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:32 pm

Posted this-arvo.
Attachments
Screenshot_14.png
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:04 am

Better Boating Victoria will be hosting a drop in session on Thursday 15 December, 4-7pm.
IMG_9441.PNG
IMG_9440.PNG

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:15 pm

I see people are up in arms that they are going to cut down the cypress trees. Wave attenuators, no floating pontoons, I don't think most will be happy

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:25 pm

Nude up wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:15 pm
I see people are up in arms that they are going to cut down the cypress trees. Wave attenuators, no floating pontoons, I don't think most will be happy
Yeah, there has been quite a bit of feedback locally regarding that hasn't there, expand the car parking options but don't cut any of the trees / change the landscape. Hope a compromise can be made.

It's almost a little underwhelming after seeing the works they've recently done at Point Richards.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:47 pm

Andrews wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:25 pm
Nude up wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:15 pm
Yeah, there has been quite a bit of feedback locally regarding that hasn't there, expand the car parking options but don't cut any of the trees / change the landscape. Hope a compromise can be made.

It's almost a little underwhelming after seeing the works they've recently done at Point Richards.
It has caused a few issues here, the beach to the left of the new rock wall is just full of wrack (weed) and all the litter washed onto the bay. By not putting floating pontoons in access for elderly and disabled people has not changed, the area inside the rock wall is now so small 4 boats at the jetty and 2 circling not enough room. I have never seen the jetty under water as many times since the rock wall was installed . I could go on but I don't want to bore you

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:09 pm

Yeah,unfortunately that seems to be an issue all along Port Richards, Bellarine and Curlewis banks with weed build up, the beaches seem to collect mountains of weed the minute we get an east or north wind. My hope is that unlike Clifton Springs that the weed doesn't collect on the inside.

I saw photos of that, strange they didn't go floating.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:33 pm

I think all that needs is a breakwater and seal the overflow parking area and floating pontoons

Return to “General”