AFTA new releases

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Re: AFTA new releases

Post by Seniorfisho » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:16 am

cobby wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:44 pm
The furore is both hilarious and ridiculous. Everything in this industry now is an ever so slightly edited copy of something already in existence or was in existence.
Sounds like every other Industry to me, I would have thought that's a natural progression

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:02 am

I guess it's easier to make money by copying something with slight modification, rather than spending time and money on R&D for something new. Because the business objective is to make money!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:10 am

I found that the Shimano Catana 2-4 kilo and the Shimano quickfire were basically the same things.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:38 am

fisho999 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:10 am
I found that the Shimano Catana 2-4 kilo and the Shimano quickfire were basically the same things.
That's because they are. Welcome to big chain store exclusive products lines!

cobby

Post by cobby » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:43 am

Sebb wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:02 am
I guess it's easier to make money by copying something with slight modification, rather than spending time and money on R&D for something new. Because the business objective is to make money!
What can be done completely new in this game? Even the Cranka crab wasn't a new concept and was done many years prior, but was a commercial failure and disappeared before the Cranka guys worked at it to success. But people just love a whinge and overall, are as dumb as dog ****

cobby

Post by cobby » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:45 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:13 pm
cobby wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:44 pm
The furore is both hilarious and ridiculous. Everything in this industry now is an ever so slightly edited copy of something already in existence or was in existence.
Worst part is zman also released a prawn immitation at the exact same time, nobody said anything about that... it's pretty much a gulp shrimp with some extra legs..

Ww3 is now brewing with jigheads lmao..
Ill just add some oil to the fire for good measure!!
We really need an eye roll emoji on here

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 am

cobby wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:43 am
Sebb wrote:
What can be done completely new in this game? Even the Cranka crab wasn't a new concept and was done many years prior, but was a commercial failure and disappeared before the Cranka guys worked at it to success. But people just love a whinge and overall, are as dumb as dog ****
You'd have to have rocks in your head or be willing to throw away money if you buy Cranka crabs, most people go buy one and snag it first cast, lol. They're a money making machine

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 am
cobby wrote:
Sebb wrote:
You'd have to have rocks in your head or be willing to throw away money if you buy Cranka crabs, most people go buy one and snag it first cast, lol. They're a money making machine
Use 4lb line they say, cast to the snags they say. :rf:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:56 am

Sebb wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 am
cobby wrote:
Sebb wrote:
Use 4lb line they say, cast to the snags they say. :rf:
:rf: :rf:
Cast them around bridge pylons they say ( so you can get them stuck in the rock crevices )

Return to “General”