AFTA new releases

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

AFTA new releases

Post by Sebb » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:42 pm

AFTA new releases yesterday.
What do you guys think?

Daiwa got Maverick MQ reel for the heavy salt fishing, as well as Infeet reel for light fishing and presso reel for freshwater to pair with their rods.
Infeet limited and the new Battler rods look awesome too.

Shimano Miravel reel is similar to Nasci but with ci4 body. Gives a good alternative (and cheaper) option from Vanford for a lightweight reel.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: AFTA new releases

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:02 pm

Plenty of good stuff, all depends on what you can afford.

New jigheads from daiwa look great, new battlers and infeet is awesome, lo e the new tackle trays too, specially the jighead holder one. The new hardbody also looks awesome , almost a copy of the panish. But better colours
TT have some new gear as well, new jigheads, new plastics, new rods, braid and FC.

Shimano I haven't seen much from. Apart from the reel.

And ofcourse how can it be without drama in the form of the berkley camp copying Holt productions swim prawn.
Personally I think it was only a matter of time someone did it, move on and be done. But some people are taking it too extreme.

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:59 am

Bone Drago - the best rod
Sage R8 - the best fly rod
Exist - the best reel
Infeet - the best combo

https://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/20 ... how-awards

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:27 pm

It was genuinely good seeing quite a diversity of new products heading into the Australian market.
Daiwa doing the jig heads was interesting to see, I'm excited to see what happens long term with them almost taking on Zman with the plastics, now the jig heads.

I agree with the drama, it was only a matter of time but, we always hope that there is enough respect within the industry to not have designs ripped within the Aus market. You've got all these competing brands, but you'll never see them talking poorly about each other as they're all within the same industry. I think it took people back because we thought the Aus market was better than that.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 pm

Daiwa brought in light baitcast too. Infeet EX 1-4kg baitcast rod that casts 1-7g.
Baitcast in Aus is always associated with heavy stuff, eg for barra and murray cod. Good to see some new options available.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:15 pm

Nothing really took me fancy from the trade show, few things I'll probably give a go eventually but nothing I'll be rushing out to get.
Andrews wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:27 pm
I agree with the drama, it was only a matter of time but, we always hope that there is enough respect within the industry to not have designs ripped within the Aus market. You've got all these competing brands, but you'll never see them talking poorly about each other as they're all within the same industry. I think it took people back because we thought the Aus market was better than that.
There is plenty of copies and imitations within the aus market already, imo most of the fuss this time compared to others was because of who and what was copied rather than the copying itself.

Berkley themselves have a history of 'imitating' lures. With things like the bender, scum dog and pop dog all closely resembling well established lures from other brands and there are plenty of other examples both from berkley and from other brands including some that were started in aus.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:17 pm

mazman wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:15 pm
Nothing really took me fancy from the trade show, few things I'll probably give a go eventually but nothing I'll be rushing out to get.
Andrews wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:27 pm
There is plenty of copies and imitations within the aus market already, imo most of the fuss this time compared to others was because of who and what was copied rather than the copying itself.

Berkley themselves have a history of 'imitating' lures. With things like the bender, scum dog and pop dog all closely resembling well established lures from other brands and there are plenty of other examples both from berkley and from other brands including some that were started in aus.
Yeah, you make good points there!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:56 pm

If I can get my hands on some of those turbo shrimp before snapper season I will most certainly use them..

The Holt prawn has a very similar resemblance to the old school squidgy prawn minus the legs, so nothing is new these days.
The new paddle tail from them also looks similar to many other plastics already on the market.

If trying to buy from.holt wasn't the same as shopping for aldi specials then I would def have more in my arsenal.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:44 pm

The furore is both hilarious and ridiculous. Everything in this industry now is an ever so slightly edited copy of something already in existence or was in existence.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:13 pm

cobby wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:44 pm
The furore is both hilarious and ridiculous. Everything in this industry now is an ever so slightly edited copy of something already in existence or was in existence.
Worst part is zman also released a prawn immitation at the exact same time, nobody said anything about that... it's pretty much a gulp shrimp with some extra legs..

Ww3 is now brewing with jigheads lmao..
Ill just add some oil to the fire for good measure!!

Return to “General”