New covid restrictions

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: New covid restrictions

Post by Andrews » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:32 am

Oh that looks to be the 'black sludge' people were reporting, aka decomposing seaweed. Stinky stuff that has washed it way into corio bay and the surrounds. I wonder if the dredging at Portarlington that turned the water black may have caused this by disturbing the sediment and eel grass beds. I also feel that the strong winds last week would help either.

Exert from the Geelong Advertiser titled 'Back Sludge streatching hundreds of meters spotted in Corio Bay' released on the 9th of June.
Screenshot_2.jpg
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Master Baiter
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Master Baiter » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:21 pm

It dosen't seem to apply to a few Melburnians, Mansfield Town and surrounds are full of them. There is a couple who have a hobby farm near us and they came up last week in lock down and now this long week end the two sons and their family's came up for the weekend. It's tough on you all and these type of people don't help not staying in Melbourne like most of you.
Wally
Always take a good look at what you are about to eat. It’s not so important to know what it is .but it’s critical to know what it was.
Wally 20/6/20

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Master Baiter wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:21 pm
It dosen't seem to apply to a few Melburnians, Mansfield Town and surrounds are full of them. There is a couple who have a hobby farm near us and they came up last week in lock down and now this long week end the two sons and their family's came up for the weekend. It's tough on you all and these type of people don't help not staying in Melbourne like most of you.
Wally
try having the a-holes in your town that came to qld during lockdown, bet you now theres been some stuff thrown at them.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Anyone got a crystal ball & know what restrictions will be lifted Thursday?

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:48 pm

How would anyone know with this mob? Hopefully the 25 km limit will go completely.

Master Baiter
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Master Baiter » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:16 pm

The UK that had up to 65000 cases a day decided it was time for a tough lock down. Today they had over 7000 cases, cafes are open bars standing only etc.
I don't think any Australian think's they are so special to be wrapped up in cotton wool like this State Government is doing. With only a few that are positive are in isolation anyway.
Always take a good look at what you are about to eat. It’s not so important to know what it is .but it’s critical to know what it was.
Wally 20/6/20

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Master Baiter wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:16 pm
The UK that had up to 65000 cases a day decided it was time for a tough lock down. Today they had over 7000 cases, cafes are open bars standing only etc.
I don't think any Australian think's they are so special to be wrapped up in cotton wool like this State Government is doing. With only a few that are positive are in isolation anyway.
Uk :rf: vs aus covid comparison.
I know where I'd rather be living
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:48 pm
How would anyone know with this mob? Hopefully the 25 km limit will go completely.
Hopefully the southbank outbreak does not go up.
Restrictions should be eased.
I e more people allowed at weddings ect
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:19 pm

bowl wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:33 pm
Master Baiter wrote:
Uk :rf: vs aus covid comparison.
I know where I'd rather be living
I'm with you bowl

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Master Baiter wrote:
They have delayed the removal of the last of their restrictions by a month I believe though, so they will have been under some form of restriction for over 6 months in total (in addition to the various restrictions placed in early 2020).

The situation is a little different in the UK as they're ~50% fully vaccinated and ~75% with at least one dose (these are for people 16yo and over) which limits how much damage can be caused by re-opening while there's still significant outbreaks on the go.

Their own modelling predicts this current wave (their 4th) will peak at around 500 deaths a day (link) so it's not entirely without risk.

A **** as lockdowns have, the alternative option that has been repeated in many places world-wide has been heaps of deaths followed by a belated lockdown once the health system is close to collapse so I personally don't feel like we have a huge amount to complain about compared to pretty much everywhere else on the planet.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “General”