Shhhh!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Shhhh!

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:17 pm

Forum is only as strong as its contributors.

People don't put up posts/reports. Few users here that put up short and sweet ones I'm sure other users enjoy reading but won't do it themselves.

People don't bother to comment on those that put up posts/reports - no real interaction or incentive for them go do it again.

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Between work and moving into the CBD, I feel you all.
This cooler weather hasn't helped either!

I've gone from fishing every three days to, wetting a line three weeks apart.
That said, keep your eyes peeled. Had a ripper session last night and tonight. ;)
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:29 pm

Some interesting comments posted to this topic.

I'm not a constant poster, even though I fish at least three or four times a week.

I like to get out there and experiment a bit. Different baits, lures, presentation etc. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

I catch a lot of fish but most times they aren't stunners, just ordinary size stuff. I think folks would get pretty bored with photo's of barely legal size bream or whatever.

Perhaps something that may be of interest to folks is that since I moved to this part of the world, (far East Gippsland), I've never had a doughnut. It has been close a few times but the main reason i don't have fishless trips is that I refuse to leave the water until I catch even one fish, no matter what size they are.

You have to ring the changes. Sometimes, what works one day won't work the next. Sometimes the changes you need to make are very small, almost insignificant, but they will make a difference. Don't be afraid to try different things.

An old mate of mine often says ignore the books and the internet. He's yet to catch a fish that can read or use the internet.
:wt:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:13 pm
bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm
bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 pm
Most guys who use to post he regularly ,don't post anymore cause of negative feedback ect
Shame really.

The guys who give negative feedback rarely post reports.🤔🤔
Yeah I remember some bloke posting a drawing of a tuna as sarcasm on a post where I mentioned catching Kingies.
Least I post reports with a pic :( :(
N post regularly ....some people just cann regular poster i.e purples 5 for example n those same people lucky to post fishing report 2 times a if lucky..

Place is almost dead now
If I or others cannot be bothered posting pics whether people like that of not is up to them the sarcastic tuna drawing is somewhat negative so you are also one of those guys....
I Don't shy from the fact that I have been critical of P5 and others at times but I have also complemented his reports as well.
Didn't say I wasn't negative to some......
Anyway didn't call ya out ....lot peeps talk crap never put in report....
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “General”