Shhhh!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Shhhh!

Post by Whiskers » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:44 pm

Shhhhh!

Don't post too loudly.

The forum is asleep.

Zzzzzzzz!

:wt:

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Re: Shhhh!

Post by Troy McLure » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:24 am

Why don’t you start another Covid thread. They tend to be popular.

ango

Post by ango » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:04 am

How about this then, I don’t usually fish land based but you meet some interesting characters when you do.

I did not have much on yesterday afternoon and had heard that King George whiting were biting at a local jetty, so I decided it was time to investigate. I loaded my gear into the car and some squid for bait. When I arrived nobody was fishing so I had the jetty to myself. The wind was blowing straight off the water and boy it was cold but I had my coat and beanie so it was not too bad. After about 30 mins of no bites I was about to pack it and move to another jetty, then came that familiar tug on my line, I gave it a couple of seconds than struck, nothing! I let my line go slack and it came back for another go, I missed it again so I wound in to check my bait which was still there. This gave me a new resolve to stick it out for a bit longer.

After a while this guy came down the jetty, he asks me if there were any fish biting and I said nothing happening here, anyway he stuck around and next thing he is telling me about how pissed he was with the way covid-19 restrictions were applied and that the government allowed thousands to go to the footy, but had much harsher restrictions on the Anzac day marchers, and I had to agree there was a double standard for sure.
Soon he was into conspiracy theories about this and that, he told me he had ignored all the lock down rules as a protest at the erosion of civil liberties, and now faced legal action. Then how he was shafted by the legal system when he had a divorce, anyway soon I decided it was time to leave as it was getting colder and there were no further bites.

Boy you meet some interesting people when you fish land based.
Cheers

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:33 am

ango wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:04 am
Boy you meet some interesting people when you fish land based.
Cheers
Mine was when I fished Cunningham pier many years ago. A guy was fishing with a Stella talked to me and told me a story that he broke into a tackle shop, took some expensive items, hid them in his parents or grandparents (can't remember), he got shot on the leg by the cops while running away (he showed me the bullet mark), got jailed. But the cops never found the items.

So he got out, he showed me the Stella he got from that, also he tamed and domesticated a dingo (it was in his ute).

Not sure if it was a true story but it was definitely not something to hear everyday.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:14 am

Bragging about being a thief. Classy bloke.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 pm

Most guys who use to post he regularly ,don't post anymore cause of negative feedback ect
Shame really.

The guys who give negative feedback rarely post reports.🤔🤔
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm

bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 pm
Most guys who use to post he regularly ,don't post anymore cause of negative feedback ect
Shame really.

Yeah I remember some bloke posting a drawing of a tuna as sarcasm on a post where I mentioned catching Kingies.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:25 pm

Has anyone here met Attila down at Mordialloc Pier? He told me he's visited the pier every single day for the last 7 years telling people about Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He put me on his prayer list which is apparently about 20,000 names long. Very friendly bloke but he lost me a little bit when he got stuck into homosexuality and how it was a sin.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm
bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 pm
Shame really.

Yeah I remember some bloke posting a drawing of a tuna as sarcasm on a post where I mentioned catching Kingies.
Least I post reports with a pic :( :(
N post regularly ....some people just cann regular poster i.e purples 5 for example n those same people lucky to post fishing report 2 times a if lucky..

Place is almost dead now
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:26 am

bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 pm
Place is almost dead now
I wonder if it's because of the weather and people hasn't been going fishing.

Myself only went out twice in the last 3-4 weeks and been thinking they weren't worth to report. Normally I fish once a week if not more.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “General”