2021 what have you bought or going to buy/target?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

2021 what have you bought or going to buy/target?

Post by Sebb » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:02 pm

Just for a bit of fun.

What have you bought or going to buy/target in 2021?

I haven't bought anything crazy expensive or significant fishing related but going to get another 2500 reel soon.

Booked kingfish charter for the third time and hoping this time I will hook and land one or two. Have never caught and still in the bucket list.
Last edited by Sebb on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: 2021 what have you bought or going to buy/target?

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:52 am

I plan to buy a big sail boat, blow it apart and keep the lead weights to make sinkers.

May look for a second hand item....
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Post by Irishfisherman » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:32 am

No real plans on what I’m going to buy, but I’m going to try targeting mulloway in the Patto in Autumn. Don’t expect to get any but the possibility is enough to keep me entertained.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:10 am

Back in November i ordered a new trailer, which will hopefully be ready by the end of January. Apparently the frame is being delivered today. Due to lack of work last year and family problems before Covid hit this is over a year behind schedule and i havent been able to use my boat as i dont trust the trailer it is currently sitting on (as i have posted about before). So it will be great to have a brand new, drive on trailer.

Before Covid hit i was slowly getting a nice collection of whiting gear, so i will probably finish that off with one more light rod and reels for the rods i already got (3 in total i think). Hopefully the trailer will be ready in time to target some whiting.

I am now back at work at the MCG after being layed off in March, but still not back full time. I have a few debts to catch up on and then start the slow process of saving to either upgrade the 460 SLR for something a bit bigger (5.5m would be great) or re-power with a 4 stroke if i decide to keep it as it is a great little boat.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:45 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:10 am
Back in November i ordered a new trailer, which will hopefully be ready by the end of January. Apparently the frame is being delivered today. Due to lack of work last year and family problems before Covid hit this is over a year behind schedule and i havent been able to use my boat as i dont trust the trailer it is currently sitting on (as i have posted about before). So it will be great to have a brand new, drive on trailer.

Before Covid hit i was slowly getting a nice collection of whiting gear, so i will probably finish that off with one more light rod and reels for the rods i already got (3 in total i think). Hopefully the trailer will be ready in time to target some whiting.

I am now back at work at the MCG after being layed off in March, but still not back full time. I have a few debts to catch up on and then start the slow process of saving to either upgrade the 460 SLR for something a bit bigger (5.5m would be great) or re-power with a 4 stroke if i decide to keep it as it is a great little boat.
Good to hear you are back at work
If you need a hand swapping trailers, let me know
I assume you launch off the old & retrieve with the new
Gra
P.s. while you are out fishing, the wife could swap the trailers

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:52 pm

Brought an extendable landing net (4.5mtrs) for jetty fishing
The net has 3cm holes & I think that is too big for squid, I don't know though. Will be ordering the finer net, so I'll have 2 nets for one frame
Cheers Gra

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm

Over christmas I gifted myself an expensive plastics combo and I intend to get as much fishing done for just about anything possible. I practically didn't fish last year for a multitude of reasons but now i'm getting back into the swing of things. I also want to get a lot of sessions on the kayak in as well as do some trips outside of melbourne, schedule permitting.

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:51 pm

Spent a fair bit of coin upgrading the boat recently with an anchor winch installation late last year and now for 2021 a 9" Chart plotter, full deck of tube matting, new stainless seat pedestal and a spare 25l Suzuki tote tank. Have also ordered a set of 10 way Bell marine snapper racks and may buy a space frame for the passenger seat if it fits but for the time being a deck chair will do. A new bimini and clears are next on the wish list.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Texas wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:45 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:10 am

Good to hear you are back at work
If you need a hand swapping trailers, let me know
I assume you launch off the old & retrieve with the new
Gra
P.s. while you are out fishing, the wife could swap the trailers
Thanks for the offer. Hopefully i will be fine. I have a brother in law lined up who is ok on the tools and has a car with a tow bar for the trip. I am just hoping to get it done before he goes back to work so i can do it on a week day when the ramp should be quiet.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:29 am

Went to buy a spare spool for my expo 5500h so I could run 30lb / 50lb, was $350 bucks. Got a new Gosa 14xg for $351, now spooled with 30lb Tasline.

Am planning an epic trip for February dependant on border closures etc that should result in a hand full of new rock species.

Will target a marlin off the rocks in march / april at JB.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “General”