Garfish in Inverloch

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Hardyakka

Garfish in Inverloch

Post by Hardyakka » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:41 pm

Has anyone had any luck with garfish in Inverloch. It seems like they out in full force at the moment but was wondering if anyone ever catches them down there. Never seen them caught personally though haven't seen too many people targeting them.

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Re: Garfish in Inverloch

Post by e.welch » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:27 am

I don’t know I have been they’re before but not fishing for them a bloke caught a elephant shark there though

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:51 am

It's been a while since I was last there, but I reckon you'd be able to catch them there.

You'd want a good mix of eel grass and sand and the pier looks a little bare, but still could be promising.
Maybe try casting on the inside of the pier, or along the rockwall to the left.
Screenshot_11.png
If that doesn't work, maybe try a spot along Cape Patterson Rd, you'd have to look where the national park border is.
If you could find a calmer spot amongst that weed that'd work beaut with a bit of burley.
cape.png
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Matty H

Post by Matty H » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Used to wade the shallows at night between the jetty and Screw Ck over Summer and net large numbers, dodging the stingrays..., was in the late 70’s/early 80’s....., and in Summer. XL models too, back then.

Return to “General”