fishing zone restrictions

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Re: fishing zone restrictions

Post by laneends » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:24 am

deathray wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:13 am
This clarification from 8am this morning.
any official releases for these new changes yet other than media reports?

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:37 am

Yeah i read that, and deadly seriously, looking at todays numbers, just stay home.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 am

Troy McLure wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:55 am
If it’s left up to the cops discretion then it’ll be a dog’s breakfast. I went to Gunners last Friday, I won’t be pushing my luck now.
Except that's exactly what Dan the man said way back in mid March. The $1652 fine is entirely up to the cop at the time. You have to pass over a shitty little creek that doesn't have any possible target species in it, cop 1 who has some form of understanding let's you go the extra 8km to where you were going. The next weekend cop 2 says you have xyz creek right there you don't need to go to abc beach, enjoy your $1652 fine...

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Exactly. A dogs breakfast.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Dan the mans clarification in todays update is simply day out vs popping out for some fresh air. just comparing obvious extremes. But its not obvious extremes that are causing the confusion. Common sense extremes are fine, but it doesnt protect you from some nitpicking copper who has had a bad day.

You could say that towing a boat to the bay is a day out compared to popping out for exercise, because lets be obvious it probably does take up half a day and a trip around the city to get there

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:56 pm

cobby wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 am
Troy McLure wrote:
If it’s left up to the cops discretion then it’ll be a dog’s breakfast. I went to Gunners last Friday, I won’t be pushing my luck now.
Except that's exactly what Dan the man said way back in mid March. The $1652 fine is entirely up to the cop at the time. You have to pass over a shitty little creek that doesn't have any possible target species in it, cop 1 who has some form of understanding let's you go the extra 8km to where you were going. The next weekend cop 2 says you have xyz creek right there you don't need to go to abc beach, enjoy your $1652 fine...
After all these possible opportunities to cop a fine.
would the desperate and dateless still take the chance and go fishing, or stay at home
this is literally where common sense will actually Prevail...

dont forget we already cocked it up once before, lets not do it again and make things even worse.
rather than trying to find ways to flout the rules, would be easier if people listened and did whats asked of them (as a temporary measure at least) to get us all through this ******* **** situation.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:09 pm

If I'm allowed ,I'll be still going fishing, launching my at local ramp...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:03 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:11 am
DougieK wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:59 am
Troy McLure wrote:
If you wanted to fish Gunnamatta and were worried about getting spotchecked on the way there, buy an old surfboard and chuck it in your car.
How is that going to help anyone if they still have to travel long distances to do the same activity (exercise)
All you have done is spend money on a surfboard you do not need
The Herald Sun pointed to advice that now says “a person may only leave their premises … where it does not involve unreasonable travel or travelling to a place for an unreasonable period of time”.

“Unreasonable travel” is defined as travel within the “Restricted Area” to exercise or outdoor recreation where that type of exercise can be done closer to home.

======

Can you surf in yarra river?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “General”