Idea for new fishing show

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
denis barden

Re: Idea for new fishing show

Post by denis barden » Sun May 31, 2020 2:10 am

Malcolm Douglas a real Aussie Adverturer/Fisho-have seen all his shows
Havent got much time for any other Fishos on the Idiot box now

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sun May 31, 2020 10:48 am

Malcolm was a ripper; nothing like a 3 foot barra on a tin foil lure on a handline...

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun May 31, 2020 10:56 am

4liters wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:16 pm

OzfishTV used to use mainly entry level gear. I think they eventually got sucked into more and more product placement stuff though.

OzfishTV was (was) a grass roots style Fishing Show. Loved it. Basic people, basic fishing gear and basic knowledge at spots anyone could access without fancy boats or 4x4. It had "real" appeal for the everyday fisho.

Most other Fishing Shows, notwithstanding little snippets that we extract from the show, are mostly unreachable to the average fisho. Most Shows now make the average fisho feel inadequate, his/her gear inadequate and makes our fishing knowledge inadequate. The average fisho isn't cashed up for gear or boat etc, or time surplus to be able to spend heaps of time fishing, or knowledge up.

So yeah, back to basics would be very interesting , , , , gives them a taste of the donuts we eat on a regular bases. :-D

Cheers, Bugs

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Sun May 31, 2020 11:26 am

denis barden wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:10 am
Malcolm Douglas a real Aussie Adverturer/Fisho-have seen all his shows
Havent got much time for any other Fishos on the Idiot box now
What a legend Macolm was. Till this day I sometimes watch his adventures on youtube. Gotta love his no nonsense approach to fishing and also camp fire cooking.

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Sun May 31, 2020 1:12 pm

:) I still fish like they did in the 1950s ;-) Most i ever paid for a reel is $50 same for a rod. All my spots come from when I used land marks and a depth sounder I have just converted them to this new fangled GPS dohicky :rf:
Uniform is flanny shirt beenie. Boat is a 1990s tinny. Maybe I could star in it. I work real cheap. :ch:
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Post by ChrisTaylor » Sun May 31, 2020 3:54 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:09 pm
It's a good idea but fishing shows are almost entirely funded by product placement.

All your favorite youtubers stopped being interesting the moment they stopped being fisherman and started being salespeople.
That.

There's a YouTuber whose knowledge provided me with my starting-point for a certain style of fishing ... and ... yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong -- if I was a YouTubing sort, I wouldn't say 'no' to the money, but I suspect that what happens with a lot of YouTubers is the low-budget version of the (more dated?) concept of fishing TV shows. It's mostly a series of product placements, like House Rules or MasterChef.

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:54 pm

I think that is where a lot of fishing content has all fallen flat. This quick transition from sponsors from allowing content creators to create and film experiences that were previously unreachable has turned into one big product placement under the disguise of content.

I believe this highlights the importance of supporting local fishing content creators, when sponsors becomes more important than fishing you lose the why and passion behind producing and sharing content.

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:08 pm

I just watch twitch since it comes with the raw attitude of the person and interaction live where with fishing shows and youtube its all after the fact when time can go by between the filming, editing and then putting it live or in the case of tv shows it being showen if it pases their grade.

Yes i watch stuff like ifish and that but as audio filler right now since i cant focus when theres no audio going on, honstly shows need to go back to their grass roots and not do mutiple takes or episodes a day like some do because it can screw with the flow of it to much.

BTW: this is coming from someone thats littarly got stuff in a editor waiting to be done for youtube and you can tell when i do mutiple takes.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Funny one of my favourite all time fishing shows was "a river somewhere" made by Tom Gleisner and Rob Sitch was listening to a podcast interview he did with April Vokey and they were talking about how the show was popular as it was about the journey to catch the fish not just rolling into an exotic location.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:10 pm

saph wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:08 pm
I just watch twitch since it comes with the raw attitude of the person and interaction live where with fishing shows and youtube its all after the fact when time can go by between the filming, editing and then putting it live or in the case of tv shows it being showen if it pases their grade.

Yes i watch stuff like ifish and that but as audio filler right now since i cant focus when theres no audio going on, honstly shows need to go back to their grass roots and not do mutiple takes or episodes a day like some do because it can screw with the flow of it to much.

BTW: this is coming from someone thats littarly got stuff in a editor waiting to be done for youtube and you can tell when i do mutiple takes.
What editor are you using mate.
I'm just looking to move from my basic gopro studio to something a bit more nicer.

Return to “General”