Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 am

This is a little bit worrying , i suffer from very bad hayfever and have been experiencing some breathing difficulties occasionally, i will get myself checked out soon to be sure.
i would suggest anyone in a similar situation go get themselves checked out as a precaution

COVID-19 patients who should be gasping for air but aren't

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu May 07, 2020 9:55 am

I and client got tested tuesday at Southland drive thru testing.
Took about 30minutes.
Swab went into mouth n then into nose, not pleasant but ok.

Go get tested it's easy.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu May 07, 2020 10:09 am

I've heard the testing described as feeling like they're tickling your brain.
purple5ive wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 am
This is a little bit worrying , i suffer from very bad hayfever and have been experiencing some breathing difficulties occasionally, i will get myself checked out soon to be sure.
i would suggest anyone in a similar situation go get themselves checked out as a precaution

Yeah, it's a really weird virus. Having such low oxygen levels is probably causing a bunch of organ damage and if there's no signal that it's happening then people don't know to get it treated.

That article also goes into a bit more detail about that stuff I mentioned about not using ventilators as much now too.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Thu May 07, 2020 10:38 am

DougieK wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:34 am
No statistics, no cohesive argument, just I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG. As per usual.
Horsesh*t, I offer opinion just like everybody else....but I don't write a thesis with every post.
The ABC is funding by the government, and are smack bang in the middle of the political spectrum.
Most hilarious thing I've read on here yet.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu May 07, 2020 10:46 am

Stumpjumper wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:38 am
DougieK wrote:
No statistics, no cohesive argument, just I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG. As per usual.
Horsesh*t, I offer opinion just like everybody else....but I don't write a thesis with every post.
The ABC is funding by the government, and are smack bang in the middle of the political spectrum.
You're entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to point out that you are almost always objectively wrong.

I provide statistics and sources to back up literally every factual claim I make, and you provide literally nothing other than 'i'm entitled to an opinion'.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/datab ... -australia
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 07, 2020 10:48 am

4liters wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:09 am
I've heard the testing described as feeling like they're tickling your brain.
purple5ive wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:41 am

Yeah, it's a really weird virus. Having such low oxygen levels is probably causing a bunch of organ damage and if there's no signal that it's happening then people don't know to get it treated.

That article also goes into a bit more detail about that stuff I mentioned about not using ventilators as much now too.
yep, i did notice it was mentioned..
so many variables and different symptoms for this virus that its hard to get on top of, but progress is being made :tu:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu May 07, 2020 10:48 am

Stumpjumper wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:38 am
DougieK wrote:
Just because you are part of the lunar right of the political spectrum doesn't mean anything to the left of you is a communist.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Thu May 07, 2020 11:00 am

Right Left. Gov. opposition. Prosecutor, defender. All necessary parts of a democracy. All are there to make sure the other sides view is thoroughly tested and fact checked. Great but politics and religion are not allowed to be discussed in many organisations because they start fights. The above is a good example. So lets move on to fishing. Even if it is when do we get to go fishing.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “General”