Corona virus part 2

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Corona virus part 2

Post by Truedogz » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:10 pm

The results (from Ben Phillip's site) as of yesterday:
29 march growth.JPG
29 march control.JPG
I will make a few observations.
1.First is the data available to Australian governments will be ahead of this;
2. The doubling time is out to 4 days, so it is heading in the desired direction; Please take note on the graph of the dotted lines. These are called confidence limits covering the range of expected results. If you have been following this you have noted this lines are growing apart ie., greater uncertainty which is reflecting the pressure being applied;
3. At this point in time I would expect in 10 days there to be at least 16,474 active cases and about 160 deaths. However, it could be a lot better than this as there is a lag time between restrictions and impacts.

As to other nations:
New Zealand had to really come down hard as it got away and has a doubling time of 2.4 days. They could go from 500 odd cases now to 19,000 in ten days. They are applying a lot of pressure to turn this around;
In the US doubling time 3.1 days, active cases 138000, in 10 days 1 to 1.7 million. They are applying insufficient pressure expect many tens of thousands of deaths in the coming weeks.

There are some models going around describing scenarios in terms of medical capacity. These are complex but I will have a crack at coming up with some possible scenarios.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks mate, appreciate you coming back here and your input in these trying times!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm

What do you do for a crust truedogz? Makes for interesting reading

colnick
Has liked: 37 times

Post by colnick » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Interesting stuff Truedogz. I note your comment that things could turn out to be better than your 10 day forecast because of the lag between the time measures are put into effect and the impact of the measures on infection rates.
Looking at today's 1.30 pm figures from John Hopkins University I am now in the cautiously optimistic camp. We have 4163 infections and, remarkably, only 18 deaths - that is a 0.43% mortality rate - a testament to our treatment approach and to the skills of our health professionals?
Also, there appears to be a notable flattening of the infections curve over the last couple of days. I hope this is not just a dead cat bounce. The next week should give us a truer picture. I'm looking forward to your next forecast.
Cheers, Col.

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:44 pm

If you can translate this link from Portugese to English, it appears that they are having great results on a new drug

https://plox.com.br/noticia/29/03/2020/ ... ntes-de-mg

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:55 pm

Truedogz :gj:

Concur with other members of FV - my gratitude to you for putting aside your differences in the past and come back to FV AND taking the time to post explanations and update us all with your knowledge of current events. THANK YOU :nw:

If and when you decide to run for the top office of PM - you have my vote and many more from others on this forum.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:30 pm

colnick wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:51 pm
Interesting stuff Truedogz. I note your comment that things could turn out to be better than your 10 day forecast because of the lag between the time measures are put into effect and the impact of the measures on infection rates.
Looking at today's 1.30 pm figures from John Hopkins University I am now in the cautiously optimistic camp. We have 4163 infections and, remarkably, only 18 deaths - that is a 0.43% mortality rate - a testament to our treatment approach and to the skills of our health professionals?
Also, there appears to be a notable flattening of the infections curve over the last couple of days. I hope this is not just a dead cat bounce. The next week should give us a truer picture. I'm looking forward to your next forecast.
Cheers, Col.
Col

There is lag time both in appearance of symptoms (about 5 days) and impact of strategies (varies but yes a week when numbers are small)
ducky wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm
Work in a timber yard ;-)

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:43 pm

That's great reading truedogs.

Thanks for the time in putting the effort in...

Oh and yes I havnt spoken to you in a while but I beat your Goulburn river record for a cod on surface lure...138 cm.

Off course I have the picture to show you

Bm

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:04 pm

Truedogz wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:30 pm
colnick wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:51 pm
Cheers, Col.
Col

There is lag time both in appearance of symptoms (about 5 days) and impact of strategies (varies but yes a week when numbers are small)
ducky wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm
Work in a timber yard ;-)
He has the wood on you ducky ;-) cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Return to “General”