Corona virus part 2

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Corona virus part 2

Post by 4liters » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Texas wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:57 pm
Curried/garlic carp will keep me going
I think I’d prefer corona virus tbh
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:13 pm

The government or state really need to explain what is permissible. I’ll still fish surf and have a few beers. Went to Bunnings to get some stocks for a few home projects
Last edited by rb85 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:40 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:23 am
The government is damned if they do and damned if they dont. If they put a complete shut down in place and nothing major eventuates from the virus people will complain that it wasn't necessary to have a complete shutdown with such a devastating economic impact.
Yeah. If we get through corona with minimum damage, ten years from now people on forums like this will rant about the time government shut us down over a big nothing burger. They already do - Y2K, SARS, Bird flu etc - a lot of people worked really hard to mitigate those problems only to have armchair geniuses today tell us all the fuss was over nothing.

I know a guy who worked on Y2k reprogramming. He says it was like reaching out and catching a cricket ball just before it hits someone in the back of the head, and he doesn't turn around and thank you - he accuses you of trying to play the hero and insists he was never in danger. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Aaron75 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:40 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:23 am
The government is damned if they do and damned if they dont. If they put a complete shut down in place and nothing major eventuates from the virus people will complain that it wasn't necessary to have a complete shutdown with such a devastating economic impact.
Yeah. If we get through corona with minimum damage, ten years from now people on forums like this will rant about the time government shut us down over a big nothing burger. They already do - Y2K, SARS, Bird flu etc - a lot of people worked really hard to mitigate those problems only to have armchair geniuses today tell us all the fuss was over nothing.

I know a guy who worked on Y2k reprogramming. He says it was like reaching out and catching a cricket ball just before it hits someone in the back of the head, and he doesn't turn around and thank you - he accuses you of trying to play the hero and insists he was never in danger. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Totally agree :tu:

Integrity , , , , the unsung Hero

Cheers Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:48 pm

There was a lot of criticism directed at banks , , , , hoping and expecting that Banks would be understanding and compassionate towards mortgage payments in this crisis.

If anyone has an investment property and your tenant couldn't make rent payment because of COVID-19 , , , , what would you do , , , , evict the tenant OR be understanding and probably end up losing thousands of dollars ????

Cheers, Bankgatti

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:23 am

Some campsites are closed.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:58 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:23 am
My neighbour has been planning the last year or so for him and his family of 5 to caravan around Australia for 6 months, there departure date is meant to be next week. I spoke to him this morning and he is still adamant they will be leaving.

I frankly cant believe the idiocy and selfishness of some people.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:58 pm
Seb85 wrote:
My neighbour has been planning the last year or so for him and his family of 5 to caravan around Australia for 6 months, there departure date is meant to be next week. I spoke to him this morning and he is still adamant they will be leaving.

he wont get very far!!!
some state Borders are already closed. i believe victoria will still be left open.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:07 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:58 pm
Seb85 wrote:

he wont get very far!!!
some state Borders are already closed. i believe victoria will still be left open.

They might just modify their holiday to be 6 months travelling within Victoria , , , , spreading , , , , their good cheer only in Victoria. You guys can keep them :bn:

It's people like that who our Premier, Steven Marshall closed our borders here in SA to eliminate coming here :tu:

Steven Marshall.JPG

He might look like a nob, but he's our lovable nob :sr:

Cheers, Bugatti , , , , yep, loves nobs :-D

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Ok so here goes,, I’m asking this because the status of a lot of things changes every few hours, as in it’s not getting better.
I understand the social distancing thing, and I would have thought that we are meant to be restricting travel to only essential travel ? Or is that a stage 2 thing ?
But I received an email this afternoon from a fishing tackle shop promoting this week’s opening hours. In the style of come on down and pick up your bait etc etc
So can I still take my boat out solo on the bay - if I have no virus symptoms ?

Return to “General”