Moonee Ponds creek?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Kowari

Re: Moonee Ponds creek?

Post by Kowari » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:20 pm

ZvinceZ wrote:I am hoping someone can shed some light. I ride my bike to work each day on the bike path that runs along Moonee Ponds Creek. Over the last few weeks I have noticed some large fish swimming near the surface. I only noticed them because they are swimming so close to the surface that they leave a wake behind them. When I stopped to check them out was surprised to see that they were some kind of large fish.

Is what I am seeing Eels or Carp or something else? and why I am only seeing them now when I have been riding on the same path for 3 years?
Whereabouts did you see this, zvincez? Was this down in the Flemington area?

Brunswickfisher

Post by Brunswickfisher » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:19 am

Seen some big carp come to the surface on a couple occasions whilst riding my bike past the Flemington bridge area of the creek. Really interested in how many there might be lurking there considering how bad the water quality is and how little it is fished.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:57 am

Brunswickfisher wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:19 am
Seen some big carp come to the surface on a couple occasions whilst riding my bike past the Flemington bridge area of the creek. Really interested in how many there might be lurking there considering how bad the water quality is and how little it is fished.
Fished there once, carp about a dozen or so, there might be more.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

magpie_mick
Has liked: 21 times

Post by magpie_mick » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:50 pm

I recently saw an eel swimming in the creek (near cross keys reserve). First time I have seen one in 20years of walking the path. There used to be a big orange goldfish but it disappeared a few years ago. Water quality has improved over the last few years.

Brunswickfisher

Post by Brunswickfisher » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:35 pm

magpie_mick wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:50 pm
I recently saw an eel swimming in the creek (near cross keys reserve). First time I have seen one in 20years of walking the path. There used to be a big orange goldfish but it disappeared a few years ago. Water quality has improved over the last few years.
The water quality is still pretty terrible, amazing to think fish can survive in there

Return to “General”