Ohhh ... We're from Tigers Land .. 2017

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Gummysmasher

Re: Ohhh ... We're from Tigers Land .. 2017

Post by Gummysmasher » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Nude up wrote:I am with you mick no way was dusty best on ground just hype for the fairytail ending to the season

Houli was clearly best on ground

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Yeah bachar kept us in the game for first quarter and a half when the game was still alive. Good solid game I called him for the medal. Martin was good but bachar better in my eye.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:47 am

This one is for belief. For persistence. For Tommy. This year embodied everything I've ever watched of those ruthless tiger teams of yesteryear. Belief, work ethic, every single player doing their bit. Towna and Broad who were close to the scrap heap just did what was needed when it was needed. And fridge. How the **** did the kid slip to pick 53? Sucked in dickheads he's a Tiger legend for life now! Astbury. 2 recos! Average career and then bam everything you want in a big defender. To grigfa and Bach who came over when we were at our most pitiful. Maric for bringing respect and standards. Prestia who chose the club when others in better poosidtiins were offering similar money. Caddy for saying **** it why not go. Carlton for being so pathetic and letting Lambert win the vfl sides b&f by over 100 votes and still not recruit him. George, butters and magic rioli, ball or man it never mattered, mistake or not just crack in again. Cotch, Dusty, Rance, Grimes, b.ellis, shedda, macca, everyone basically justchaving career best years. And big nank. A kid rucking one out all ******* year. Absolute legend. What a ******* magical day. I've sat through dunstall tearing us apart in pouring rain at Waverly. Knighta destroy Essendon single handedly. The scoreboard go up in flames against Carlton in Gieshan last coached game. The tears and taunts as a kid growing up when sides like Essendon, Carlton, north all won flags. Practicing the Nick daffy kick across the body in the backyard. Taping a 33 to the back and running out if packs in schoolyard games. It's all gone. 30 years alive, 19 years straight a paid up member and it's finally ******* happened. This is better than all my dreams ever. I'm surprised I haven't contracted every disease off everyone or dehydrated from hours of tears. We finally ******* did it!

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am

And for today's menu..... we have...
eat crow.jpg
eat crow.jpg (40.54 KiB) Viewed 383 times
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:06 am

Well they did fellas what a fantastic performance :super:
Attachments
Tigers2017.jpg
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:22 am

What a fantastic year capping off with a top week to remember!!!

Never even contemplating final football at the start of the year considering what happened during the off season. Hats off to the leadership at Richmond to stay strong and focused and here is the reward - a massive one at that too!!

Cobby - you have forgotten to say thank you to Collingwood for Neil Balme .. think he straightened up the football department so that the coach and players can do what they do best. He is a magician -first year at Geelong and 2007 premiership and now back to his spiritual home for the first year and another premiership - bloody legend i say!!

Didn't dared to dream until the 3rd quarter yesterday and by the 4th quarter i have to slap myself to make sure it is not a dream .. went a bit too hard and it hurt but all dissipated when the final siren sounded !!!!

Still recovering from the long weekend celebration but wouldn't swap it for anything!!!

Anyone dare to dream of Back 2 Back??????????? Never say never :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:56 am

This says it all :-D
Attachments
111111.jpg
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Nude up wrote:I am with you mick no way was dusty best on ground just hype for the fairytail ending to the season
Bachar was very good early on when the game was 'on'. Probably needed a another goal or two in the second half to win the medal.

Rance was very good and I was surprised to learn he only had 11 disposals. His impact was huge.

I thought Jack actually played pretty well (better than the previous two finals) and if he had of kicked a bit straighter might have been in the votes.

Dusty was very good as usual, but was he out-and-out best on ground? I'm not sure, but like the commentators said yesterday, you could throw a blanket over them.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Well done tigers :a_goodjob: :a_goodjob:

All you tiger supporters enjoy yourselves :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:25 pm

cobby wrote:This one is for belief. For persistence. For Tommy. This year embodied everything I've ever watched of those ruthless tiger teams of yesteryear. Belief, work ethic, every single player doing their bit. Towna and Broad who were close to the scrap heap just did what was needed when it was needed. And fridge. How the **** did the kid slip to pick 53? Sucked in dickheads he's a Tiger legend for life now! Astbury. 2 recos! Average career and then bam everything you want in a big defender. To grigfa and Bach who came over when we were at our most pitiful. Maric for bringing respect and standards. Prestia who chose the club when others in better poosidtiins were offering similar money. Caddy for saying **** it why not go. Carlton for being so pathetic and letting Lambert win the vfl sides b&f by over 100 votes and still not recruit him. George, butters and magic rioli, ball or man it never mattered, mistake or not just crack in again. Cotch, Dusty, Rance, Grimes, b.ellis, shedda, macca, everyone basically justchaving career best years. And big nank. A kid rucking one out all ******* year. Absolute legend. What a ******* magical day. I've sat through dunstall tearing us apart in pouring rain at Waverly. Knighta destroy Essendon single handedly. The scoreboard go up in flames against Carlton in Gieshan last coached game. The tears and taunts as a kid growing up when sides like Essendon, Carlton, north all won flags. Practicing the Nick daffy kick across the body in the backyard. Taping a 33 to the back and running out if packs in schoolyard games. It's all gone. 30 years alive, 19 years straight a paid up member and it's finally ******* happened. This is better than all my dreams ever. I'm surprised I haven't contracted every disease off everyone or dehydrated from hours of tears. We finally ******* did it!
Thats great reading

Spoken like a true tiger supportor whos been tbrough a few decades off heartbreak

Return to “General”