New to fishing...have a question?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Re: New to fishing...have a question?

Post by fisho999 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:31 am

probebly to do with storage? if they take a whole shark it will take up a lot more storage than just the fins. other cultures have different opinions on the whole cruelty thing. for us in Australia it seems barbaric and cruel but it might just be the norm for their culture.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:31 am

I realize that shark fin is a few hundred dollars a kilo ,but not taking the rest of the shark while you are at it steeling from our waters. I did not know how much goes into protecting our borders. These blokes and Australian fisheries to a very risky and fantastic work. Not to mention our Navy that get called in when heavy artillery is required and also Victorian Fisheries do good too. I also agree with catch and size limits, lot of research goes into this.

Just thought id mention this even though this subject is closed and i went off track a bit.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:23 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:24 pm
gregmaka wrote:Great jim if it works it would be great.I once asked a simple stupid question,and the best reply was an insult to my question,so i still dont know the answer.Good luck.I think if forum members dont know the answer to a 2 a legitimate question,dont post an answer at all.
So what is your question? its already been answered about taking salt water from the bay, you may have missed it.

Return to “General”