When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.

When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Poll runs till Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:40 am

from 21st September
0
No votes
from 28th September
4
15%
from 5th October
1
4%
from 12th October
1
4%
from 19th October
0
No votes
from 26th October
3
12%
from 2nd November
1
4%
from 16th November
0
No votes
from 23rd November
1
4%
from 30th November
0
No votes
sometime in December
1
4%
sometime in 2021
3
12%
never
11
42%
 
Total votes: 26

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm
Has liked: 450 times
Likes received: 703 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am

frozenpod wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 pm
Brett wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:45 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:39 pm
Texas wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:31 pm
The initial announcement, before the 13th said "for exercise and recreation".
That was changed to exercise and social interaction
Gra
The road map downloadable from DHHS states exercise and recreation for 2hrs.

As it reads to me, if you lived 100m from the pier or local lake/river that you can go fishing provided it is less than 2hrs away from your home.


Have you not read page one of this topic. It even has a screenshot of the relevant document. You CANNOT go fishing at the moment.
I did not read page one.

The roadmap which is what the premier is referring to constantly in his presser suggests otherwise.

Looking at both documents on the DHHS website they contradict each other. One suggest you can and the other says you cant.

Just perfect.
Always read the fine print!!!
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

cobby
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm
Has liked: 101 times
Likes received: 207 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by cobby » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am

frozenpod wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 pm
Brett wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:45 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:39 pm
Texas wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:31 pm
The initial announcement, before the 13th said "for exercise and recreation".
That was changed to exercise and social interaction
Gra
The road map downloadable from DHHS states exercise and recreation for 2hrs.

As it reads to me, if you lived 100m from the pier or local lake/river that you can go fishing provided it is less than 2hrs away from your home.


Have you not read page one of this topic. It even has a screenshot of the relevant document. You CANNOT go fishing at the moment.
I did not read page one.

The roadmap which is what the premier is referring to constantly in his presser suggests otherwise.

Looking at both documents on the DHHS website they contradict each other. One suggest you can and the other says you cant.

Just perfect.
The roadmap that was all about what the modelling said, that they apparently never used the modelling for?

The way this shitfight is going I wouldn't put it past them to fudge numbers well into November....

frozenpod
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:04 pm
Has liked: 63 times
Likes received: 73 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by frozenpod » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:28 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am
frozenpod wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 pm
Brett wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:45 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:39 pm
Texas wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:31 pm
The initial announcement, before the 13th said "for exercise and recreation".
That was changed to exercise and social interaction
Gra
The road map downloadable from DHHS states exercise and recreation for 2hrs.

As it reads to me, if you lived 100m from the pier or local lake/river that you can go fishing provided it is less than 2hrs away from your home.


Have you not read page one of this topic. It even has a screenshot of the relevant document. You CANNOT go fishing at the moment.
I did not read page one.

The roadmap which is what the premier is referring to constantly in his presser suggests otherwise.

Looking at both documents on the DHHS website they contradict each other. One suggest you can and the other says you cant.

Just perfect.
Always read the fine print!!!
Nothing to do with fine print, two separate documents that have conflicting information.

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm
Has liked: 450 times
Likes received: 703 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am

frozenpod wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:28 am
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am
frozenpod wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:27 pm
Brett wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:45 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:39 pm


The road map downloadable from DHHS states exercise and recreation for 2hrs.

As it reads to me, if you lived 100m from the pier or local lake/river that you can go fishing provided it is less than 2hrs away from your home.


Have you not read page one of this topic. It even has a screenshot of the relevant document. You CANNOT go fishing at the moment.
I did not read page one.

The roadmap which is what the premier is referring to constantly in his presser suggests otherwise.

Looking at both documents on the DHHS website they contradict each other. One suggest you can and the other says you cant.

Just perfect.
Always read the fine print!!!
Nothing to do with fine print, two separate documents that have conflicting information.
The document that mentions fishing is pretty straight forward, if you read the first page its stated pretty clearly!!!
Like i said, read the fine print!!!
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

laneends
Rank: Silver Trevally
Rank: Silver Trevally
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:58 am
Has liked: 1 time
Likes received: 52 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by laneends » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am

The document that mentions fishing is pretty straight forward, if you read the first page its stated pretty clearly!!!
Like i said, read the fine print!!!
most important always seek out the actual legislation and not someones (even DHHS) summary/interpretation of it

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am
Has liked: 5 times
Likes received: 499 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by 4liters » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm

laneends wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:41 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:28 am

The document that mentions fishing is pretty straight forward, if you read the first page its stated pretty clearly!!!
Like i said, read the fine print!!!
most important always seek out the actual legislation and not someones (even DHHS) summary/interpretation of it
This, there’s something the ATO are requiring of some businesses that isn’t in the legislation. At some point this week I’ve got to see if anyone there actually knows what’s in said legislation and try to beat them over the head with it until they do what we want them to.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

e.welch
Rank: Silver Trevally
Rank: Silver Trevally
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:46 am
Has liked: 111 times
Likes received: 68 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by e.welch » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:55 pm

We aren’t ever going to be able to go fishing they open the playgrounds up for kids but leave the piers all shut down your more likely to get cocos at the playground where tons of kids touch the Same thing but at a pier no one touches the same thing really except the seats

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Likes received: 88 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by dazz999 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:23 pm

i think around early October depending on the covid numbers its a sticky situation people get snapper fever this time of year normally pier,s are jam packed for us landbased fishos for the boat guys knock it back a week or two

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 216 times
Likes received: 335 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 pm

e.welch wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:55 pm
We aren’t ever going to be able to go fishing they open the playgrounds up for kids but leave the piers all shut down your more likely to get cocos at the playground where tons of kids touch the Same thing but at a pier no one touches the same thing really except the seats
People fish shoulder to shoulder on piers....
Beach should be open to fish imo
MEGA RED!!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 216 times
Likes received: 335 times

Re: When can Metro Melbourne go fishing again?

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Hope they open Beach's or something soon.
So over working n then not much to do when I have days off .
Lift travel to 20 ks or something...
MEGA RED!!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

Post Reply

Return to “General”