More restrictions bring lifted.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: More restrictions bring lifted.

Post by cheaterparts » Mon May 25, 2020 4:38 pm

4liters wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:20 pm
I'm more concerned that it might be a sign they're caving in to businesses and lobby groups from the "Open 'er Up and Let It Rip" school of pandemic management.
Could be Ian or it could be a case of opening businesses before they all cave in them selves

maybe the Government have figured out there are probably going to be far more people topping them selves due to the lock down and loosing there livelihoods
I see the Medicos are now worried about the extra Cancer and other Medical conditions that people have been to scared to go to the doctor to seek help on

and I also see we can go camping again just can't use the camp grounds dunny - gunna be hard to hold on for a long week end away
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon May 25, 2020 5:27 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:38 pm
4liters wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:20 pm
I'm more concerned that it might be a sign they're caving in to businesses and lobby groups from the "Open 'er Up and Let It Rip" school of pandemic management.
Could be Ian or it could be a case of opening businesses before they all cave in them selves

maybe the Government have figured out there are probably going to be far more people topping them selves due to the lock down and loosing there livelihoods
I see the Medicos are now worried about the extra Cancer and other Medical conditions that people have been to scared to go to the doctor to seek help on

and I also see we can go camping again just can't use the camp grounds dunny - gunna be hard to hold on for a long week end away
Maybe. The trouble with that is that it's a false choice. Re-open while there's still active community transmission and there will be a bunch of outbreaks that will keep a lot of people at home (and not spending their money) regardless of the official recommendations. For example see Sweden where they're going to have a ruined economy (and the associated businesses going under, loss of livelihoods, mental health problems and suicides), just like everywhere else despite having comparatively relaxed rules.

Pretty sure I didn't see anything in the rules prohibiting aqua dumps so there's an option if you take the Taj Macheater down to Portland.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon May 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Lucky I have a toilet on my boat

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon May 25, 2020 7:11 pm

Here in SA, more restrictions are being eased and the numbers of people allowed in gatherings increased , , , , and some of these are happening earlier than what was first planned for.

Seems ever State is trying to balance lots of issues at the same time.

Coronavirus
Economy
Businesses
Household incomes
Education
Sport
Mental Well-being
Social unrest
Winning favour
etc etc etc

balance.JPG

Cheers, Bugs

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon May 25, 2020 7:13 pm

Do you follow the Afl Bugs?
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon May 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:13 pm
Good Ol Alberton Oval , , , , when I was a young lad, I use to sneak in when Port (SANFL) played , and a nice wrapped lot of Fish'n'Chip Shop Chips was a good bribe to the gate attendant, one hand full and we were in :)

So as a natural Western Suburbs loyal Port Supporter, followed them into the VFL , , , , oups , , , , the AFL

Port were first to put a team forward to join the AFL , , , , BUT the SANFL railroaded the attempt and put some Crows in as a kind of State team , , , ,

I'm sure it was a Port supporter who went back in a Time Machine and coined "Stone the flam'n Crows" :te:

How about you Boony?

Cheers, Bugs

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Mon May 25, 2020 7:29 pm

4liters wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:27 pm
Pretty sure I didn't see anything in the rules prohibiting aqua dumps so there's an option if you take the Taj Macheater down to Portland.
I do have a hot water service and can set up a shower on the camper - I also have a thunder box if I need one I just don't use ether at Portland as I normally just use the caravan parks
saves setting up the thunder box tent
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon May 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:23 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:13 pm
Good Ol Alberton Oval , , , , when I was a young lad, I use to sneak in when Port (SANFL) played , and a nice wrapped lot of Fish'n'Chip Shop Chips was a good bribe to the gate attendant, one hand full and we were in :)

So as a natural Western Suburbs loyal Port Supporter, followed them into the VFL , , , , oups , , , , the AFL

Port were first to put a team forward to join the AFL , , , , BUT the SANFL railroaded the attempt and put some Crows in as a kind of State team , , , ,

I'm sure it was a Port supporter who went back in a Time Machine and coined "Stone the flam'n Crows" :te:

How about you Boony?

Cheers, Bugs
A Tigers man here :tu:
I am interested to hear your thoughts on the SA stance with people coming into the state and how it effects both teams going into Hubs in queensland.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon May 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Boony, first , , , , Richo is the nicest player to have never won a premiership and Mick Molloy makes us support the Tigers as a crowd "favourite" in-lieu of them "entitled" teams.

The hubs (Queensland) aren't fair, it doesn't even out the inconvenience that all teams go through , , , , but don't let Eddie and Nathan have a say on this , , , , plus this season is just to get some Footy in the year, which is good. BUT no matter what they do, it is going to upset someone.

Closed borders is a messy affair.

The "Closed" borders are a misnomer. They aren't totally closed. From last I read about 600 come into SA everyday. Half transport the other half "Business" and/or "Essential"

mafs.JPG

The above South Australian has been to Victoria a few times , , , , hair appointments, picking out a luxury car etc etc , , , , but claiming "business reasons" , , , , SA Police have given her notice, "we see you again, we are going to book you". And that being said, where was the self isolation of 14 days and monitoring of the people who do cross.

So that being said

The "closed borders" is hypocritical , , , , how can we go to the Gold Coast if we don't allow teams here , , , , closed borders means both ways.

Anyway, so messy a topic and would take a few beers to just get through some of the issues related to it.

Anyway , , , , Vic & NSW have kooties and we don't want to be kissed by any of you :te:

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue May 26, 2020 12:10 am

DougieK wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:34 am
cobby wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:43 pm
It'd be awfully cynical of me to think the further easing restrictions despite the state having an infection rate over 3 times that of any other in the country for the month so far as a way to squash the questioning of the health departments handling of Cedar which makes up half of said cases alone. Especially announcing them on a Sunday morning when pretty much all large detailed information releases have occurred on a weekday. Which makes it even more peculiar given said questioning of the department only really started on Friday...

Nah there's no way its diversionary tactic
What do you actually want the government to do?
Give us back our freedoms!!!!....

No in all seriousness, they could try cutting the bull they've layered on like it's come from Xinhua News Agency. The never ending apocolyse speak and completely overbearing restrictions in comparison to those in all other states right up until the May 8th national cabinet meeting, hanging Sutton out to dry as the only one game enough to admit he and the health department have ****** up with Cedar, the laughable 38,000 lives saved or whatever it was figure the health department conjured up to support their higher level of restrictions compared to interstate, so ridiculously high compared to any other state or even federal figure released you'd almost mistake it for the premiers pay rise figure, the weak response to a blatantly political tweet from Annaliese Van Diemen given as a public servant she's supposed to remain apolitical at all times, actually give an infrastructure contract to a company that isn't John Holland.....

The rest of it is remarkably well measured

Return to “General”