Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
rb85
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean
Has liked: 273 times
Likes received: 381 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by rb85 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:04 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:37 pm
Aaron75 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:37 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:25 pm
while at the last bream comp at mallacoota , day 1 i was fishing with a chubby, on the retrieve i felt the line just go slack and wondered wtf just happened, next second behind me i hear a rattle and a splash, tailor had taken my lure.. for the next 5 mins or so the tailor kept jumping all around the boat trying to shake the lure off.
was very funny as you would just hear, rattle rattle rattle splash, rattle rattle rattle splash, rattle rattle rattle splash!!!!! we then moved onto another spot so not sure if he finally managed to shake the lure off...
You were fishing with a chubby? ok, but I don't see how that relates to the rest of the story.
I'm guessing your not a bream fisherman :-D
Don't think Bream fisherman are the only ones to get a chubby over fishing.

Dylan
New Member
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 7:58 pm
Location: Geelong
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by Dylan » Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 pm

Me and the old man were out at night driving around 5/6 knots using dipnet to catch gar's and drove into a pylon

Texas
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:41 am
Location: Hoppers Crossing
Has liked: 92 times
Likes received: 339 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by Texas » Thu May 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Dylan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 pm
Me and the old man were out at night driving around 5/6 knots using dipnet to catch gar's and drove into a pylon
:rofl:
Although they're hard to see at night

saph
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:58 am
Has liked: 2 times
Likes received: 87 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by saph » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:43 am

Who knew 2 people could hook the same fish well over 100 meters or so apart oh wait that happened to me a few days ago when i didnt take my camera (odd stuff always happens when i have 0 ways of recording it that wont make it look like a mess like me catching a fish tho my fishing abilitys may just be killed by not using my good rod).

Lightningx
Rank: Mulloway
Rank: Mulloway
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Likes received: 646 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:24 am

These things always happen when you’re not prepared lol
It’s like a lot of the time there is nothing biting and only when I’m grabbing a bite to eat or needing to go to the toilet a fish bites!

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Likes received: 352 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Dylan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 pm
Me and the old man were out at night driving around 5/6 knots using dipnet to catch gar's and drove into a pylon
That's why the captain should always be watching a head

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Likes received: 352 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:12 pm

saph wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:43 am
Who knew 2 people could hook the same fish well over 100 meters or so apart oh wait that happened to me a few days ago when i didnt take my camera (odd stuff always happens when i have 0 ways of recording it that wont make it look like a mess like me catching a fish tho my fishing abilitys may just be killed by not using my good rod).
Who was on the other end mate?

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Likes received: 352 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:24 am
These things always happen when you’re not prepared lol
It’s like a lot of the time there is nothing biting and only when I’m grabbing a bite to eat or needing to go to the toilet a fish bites!
Need the toilet or stop for a.drink.or something to eat.
Just Murphy's law

Lightningx
Rank: Mulloway
Rank: Mulloway
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Likes received: 646 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:34 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:13 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:24 am
These things always happen when you’re not prepared lol
It’s like a lot of the time there is nothing biting and only when I’m grabbing a bite to eat or needing to go to the toilet a fish bites!
Need the toilet or stop for a.drink.or something to eat.
Just Murphy's law
Yea always happens to me when I need to eat or take a **** lol

Lightningx
Rank: Mulloway
Rank: Mulloway
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Likes received: 646 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:36 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:11 pm
Dylan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 pm
Me and the old man were out at night driving around 5/6 knots using dipnet to catch gar's and drove into a pylon
That's why the captain should always be watching a head
Yea I always worry about that at night!
Even the other night heading back in a couple of the markers weren’t on the chart! Luckily my mate pointed them out to me as I got close!

Post Reply

Return to “General”