Bender's Redfin Challenge..Entries

Rod Bender

Bender's Redfin Challenge..Entries

Post by Rod Bender » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Redfin Challenge Commences 10th March 2013.
Entries Close 12th June 2013 at 9pm.

Eligibility
This challenge is open to Fishing Victoria Members (if they meet the below requirements) and their children who are 16 or under with the following exceptions.
Members who joined this forum before January 2013 and have not posted yet are ineligible. I will be taking note of individuals who post for the first time from now on.
For current members who have posted at least one post, they must have at least 15 posts by the completion of the challenge to be eligible.
For members who join during the duration of the challenge, they must have at least 5 posts by the completion of the challenge.
These ‘posts’ can be in any part of this forum. People are not required to have 15 posts on this thread!

Relevant State fishing regulations must be followed.

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/fisheries/rec ... ish/redfin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All legal methods can be used. Fishing can be shore based or kayak/ boat. Fish must be handled humanely whether being kept or released. It is up to the individual whether the redfin is kept or released. If you practice catch & release, please put some thought into what is required prior to fishing to ensure minimal time is taken for the photo. The fish must be ‘whole’, not gutted.

The main objective of this challenge is to catch a longer redfin than any I catch. If I end up with the longest fish then I win this ’bet’ and the lures are mine to keep! If this is the case I will then award the consolation prize (the member’s choice of any two of the lures) to whoever comes closest. If a member ties with me, they did not beat me so I keep the lures, they win the consolation prize.
If two or more members beat me, prize is awarded to the longest fish. If there is a tie in this situation, we then go to a ‘count back’. This will look at the members involved next longest fish. If one of the members involved only has one entry, bad luck! If the winning entries can not be split, then the prize shall be shared.

When entering a redfin, please state the measured length on the post. Round back to the nearest half centimetre. Measure from tip of snout to tip of tail.
Entries must clearly show the ‘code word’ (written on a piece of paper or scratched into the dirt!!). Length of the redfin must be clearly visible by use of a Brag Mat, tape measure or DPI Fish Ruler. The nose of the fish must clearly be level with with the ‘0’. If using a tape measure or fish ruler / sticker, the measuring device must be flat and can not be draped over the top of the fish.

Fishingvic is the judge and jury! If any one has issues with the clarity of any entry, PM Jon and he will decide the outcome. His decision is final. If two winning entries have the same stated length, and he sees otherwise (a few millimetres difference), then his decision is final. Unless someone raises an issue, he will not be judging individual pics for accuracy when they are posted. I do not want any public posts complaining about an individual’s entry. Common sense should prevail when entering a photo, if the length is not clear, do not bother entering it!

Upgrade as many times as you want. If by chance you catch a ‘horse’, please enter pic immediately rather than holding off to the last few days to surprise everyone. I would like us all to know how we are travelling.
Any questions please ask on the thread below or PM me. My code word will be provided by Fishing Vic. Do not confuse code words!

Redfin Basics

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/fisheries/edu ... ard-redfin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck!!!
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Rod Bender

Re: Bender's Redfin Challenge..Entries

Post by Rod Bender » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Code word is 'fun'

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Jim's code word is FVF
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:18 am

The prize up for grabs if you beat me;
2 x Rapala Jointed 11cm Rainbow Trout pattern (J11 RT), 2 x Rapala Jointed 5cm Trout pattern (J5 TR),
2 x Rapala 9cm Minnow floaters (F9 FT) and 2 x Super Vibrax # 2 (6grams) Clown pattern spinners.

In the unlikely event that I win, the runner up can chose two of the lures as the consolation prize.
Attachments
jointed.JPG
jointed.JPG (159.34 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
ftrapala vibrax.JPG
ftrapala vibrax.JPG (165.27 KiB) Viewed 1322 times

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:29 am

nice to see some enthusiasm...as mentioned in the last paragraph of the rule, any questions 'comments, please comment on the thread below

http://www.fishing-victoria.com/viewtop ... 8&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just want to avoid having this thread cluttered up!
thanks

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Master-pro wrote:Fun or fVF?
A little misunderstanding between Jon and myself - my fault - The code word for all you peoples is 'fun'. If I catch a redfin I have to put down FVF. All entries to be posted on this entry thread. Can all questions, comments go on the original thread (link below)

http://www.fishing-victoria.com/viewtop ... =16&t=2998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:55 pm

ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS, AS REQUESTED BY JIM, PLEASE USE THE ORIGINAL THREAD WHEN PROVIDING GENERAL COMMENTS ABOUT THIS COMPETITION. THE LINK IS BELOW.

http://www.fishing-victoria.com/viewtop ... =16&t=2998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

PLEASE USE THIS NEW THREAD "ONLY FOR POSTING COMPETITION ENTRIES" AND/OR COMMENTING ABOUT THE ENTRIES. ANY COMMENTS NOT RELATED TO ANY ENTRY WILL BE DELETED OR TRANSFERRED TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC. THANKS.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

MrI-fish

Post by MrI-fish » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Here we go.
I have two more photos. Maybe clearer. Definite 35 but I would say 36. Have more photos if needed. Yeah, the scale starts from 13cm. Written in mm so 130. The pics on my phone are less blurry but when they upload they don't zoom well.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1364122987737.jpg

Return to “Fishing Competitions”