Tea Tree Snapper Comp is no longer

PJ72

Tea Tree Snapper Comp is no longer

Post by PJ72 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:00 pm

Just noticed that Snapper Point Angling Club has posted on its fb page that it will be no longer running the Tea Tree Snapper Comp. Also that a variation of the comp may be introduced at some stage down the track.
Sad to see it go.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Tea Tree Snapper Comp is no longer

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:05 am

Not good at all

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:41 am

Apparently younger generation did not won't to step up and help volunteer their time to make it happen....

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am

Sad to see it go...

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:04 am

Havent done either, but which was better organised, the Tea Tree Comp or the Westernport Whiting Challenge?

PJ72

Post by PJ72 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:00 am

bowl wrote:Apparently younger generation did not won't to step up and help volunteer their time to make it happen....
I heard from a friend that that was the reason for cancelling the 2017 Comp, but thought that it would be back this year, it’s going to be a problem if the younger generation don’t step up and start helping in their own club, the whole club might disappear :down:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:10 am

PJ72 wrote:
bowl wrote:Apparently younger generation did not won't to step up and help volunteer their time to make it happen....
I heard from a friend that that was the reason for cancelling the 2017 Comp, but thought that it would be back this year, it’s going to be a problem if the younger generation don’t step up and start helping in their own club, the whole club might disappear :down:
They are all busy on Social Media Bragging about their recent catches to be bothered with helping. :rofl:

in all honesty if the people running it wanted help maybe they should have had a meeting and discussed getting help from outside the club, there can be a STATUS issue with these kind of things and it probably got to their head.

i for one am happy its cancelled though, a lot more fish might actually be swimming around now because every man and his dog is not after those trophy fish.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:15 am

I'll play the devils advocate... Look at the bright side there will be more snapper roaming around this coming season without the comp running.
You gotta admit it's a bit of a slaughter over the period the comp runs. It's not for a genuine feed in the day of a normal fisho.
Not to mention the rumours of up sizing every year.
To each his own I don't condemn anyone who likes competitions... it's just not for me.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:26 pm

PJ72 wrote:
purple5ive wrote: They are all busy on Social Media Bragging about their recent catches to be bothered with helping. :rofl:
I don't think you are far from the truth clubs are dieing a slow death and not just fishing clubs -- in the past a club was a social thing no matter what the purpose - car - bike - fishing etc
Many of us learnt our hobbies though clubs now you just go on line and ask some stranger where to fish and what bait to use - and we have all seen this on forums and facebook

Social Media is really fairly antisocial in that respect - Sad though

as for the Tea Tree I fished the Hobsons Bay Snapper Comp last year, same W/E just we had to fish the Gaybay not my favourite pond
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

PJ72

Post by PJ72 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 pm

I actually sent them a message through their website about 2months ago, asking about membership and if I could come to a meeting (to see what the general atmosphere of the club was like), no response to date, so not going to bother, obviously don’t want new members

Return to “Fishing Competitions”