MIA whiting reports??

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
Master-pro

Re: MIA whiting reports??

Post by Master-pro » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:21 pm

So at kitty killer bay beach to the left on the rocks? Is it a spot that's effected by swells and waves or is it ok?
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

tinyballerina

Post by tinyballerina » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Yeah it's on the left and a rocky platform that surrounds a tiny bay and while it doesn't get the brunt of the swells you can still come to grief if you don't keep an eye on it. Low tide only and 1000% percent safer than Punchbowl.

I am a digital idiot and dunno how you post the exact location on Google Earth with a pin on the exact spot like I have seen other clever people do, but you can see it on GE. There's a group of sand patches that is visible and its the smaller one on the left towards the entrance.....though if you go there and the water is clearish, you will see it. Requires a stiff cast and a rapid retrieve across a small bommie to avoid getting snagged.

I use those 2 oz teardrop sinkers with the attached coil of wire. Squeeze some burley into that, pippi/squid or prawn on a paternoster rig and you are good to go.

On a super low tide you can explore the broad rocky platforms way out further. Some mega sweep, jackets, parrot fish snapper and trevs come from there. Floats are the go. Seen some brilliant captures from there too. The 1906 wreck of the SS Speke is well worth a squiz. Just head well left. Clearly sign posted. Great views too.

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:15 pm

tinyballerina wrote:Yeah it's on the left and a rocky platform that surrounds a tiny bay and while it doesn't get the brunt of the swells you can still come to grief if you don't keep an eye on it. Low tide only and 1000% percent safer than Punchbowl.

I am a digital idiot and dunno how you post the exact location on Google Earth with a pin on the exact spot like I have seen other clever people do, but you can see it on GE. There's a group of sand patches that is visible and its the smaller one on the left towards the entrance.....though if you go there and the water is clearish, you will see it. Requires a stiff cast and a rapid retrieve across a small bommie to avoid getting snagged.

I use those 2 oz teardrop sinkers with the attached coil of wire. Squeeze some burley into that, pippi/squid or prawn on a paternoster rig and you are good to go.

On a super low tide you can explore the broad rocky platforms way out further. Some mega sweep, jackets, parrot fish snapper and trevs come from there. Floats are the go. Seen some brilliant captures from there too. The 1906 wreck of the SS Speke is well worth a squiz. Just head well left. Clearly sign posted. Great views too.
:good:
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Return to “Whiting Fishing”