Western Port landbased KGW 4-1-2013

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
minimal

Re: Western Port landbased KGW 4-1-2013

Post by minimal » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Sorry nhillboy, but those fish in that photo are only 1cm long. Surely undersized! ;-)

Good report mate - envious!

Breamster

Post by Breamster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Great work Nhillboy. Let me know when you got 20 KGWs & I will take them from you for sashimi.

Linc

Post by Linc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Breamster wrote:Great work Nhillboy. Let me know when you got 20 KGWs & I will take them from you for sashimi.
I've wondered how KGW would go for sashimi, you reckon they're good for it? I love fresh trevally and snapper sashimi so I guess ya couldn't go wrong with ting!

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks fellow fishos for your kind words...Ok Raulfc7, the place is at @*&^%$#..!!??... :lolf:

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:41 pm

nhillboy wrote:Thanks fellow fishos for your kind words...Ok Raulfc7, the place is at @*&^%$#..!!??... :lolf:
I fished there and I had no luck, I must have used the wrong bait :lolf:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 am

nhillboy wrote:Fished a beach landbased in WPB 4.30am to 8am in balmy calm conditions and high tide at 6.20am. The whiting were on from the get go. Landed 1x37cm, 2x 38cm and 1x42cm 4.30 to 5.30am all on calamari strips on my snapper set up 1/0 hooks. From first light 5.30 to 6.30am was landing whiting 28 to 30cm on pipis, size 6 hooks (long shank and wide gap). 3x30cm keepers and 5x28cm released. The mullet was caught in the dark and went a mighty 38cm (will use as bait). About 6am one of the whiting rods went beserk and the fight was on with huge head shakes with some line being taken until i got it half way in and it got off. Either a huge whiting or a snapper, me still not sure. It gave me a much bigger fight than the 42cm whiting i had caught earlier. Packed up and headed home about 8.30am again very satisfied and happy. The plan was for the wife to come with me but she couldn't get up at 2am, ohh well her loss.

My good luck of the morning was at 3.30am about 1 km from fishing spot when a huge male Kangaroo jumped out in front of my car. I braked and swerved sideways hitting his tail. No damage to car or roo, i got a real lucky break for sure. I must say it woke me right up and i did shizen! my pants a little.
:cheers: :fishing:

still can't get the pic size right, too bloody small again. :wall:
Top work man...I`m bloody jealous....gonna go this evening and see if I can get a spot at my local evening king ting mark....love those little rascals....

Leftcoaster

Post by Leftcoaster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 am

Nice work mate! KG's are one of my favourites no doubt. Especially when you hook a good size 'thigh slapper'! Only ever got them off the boat back west, so the prospect of getting a couple off the beach sounds magic. The one that got away sounds like a Pinky in my humble opinion, bloody shame it got away. Sounds like Mother Nature had to even the books after such a lucky morning!
Club sandwiches not seals.

Return to “Whiting Fishing”