Re: About time..

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:05 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:17 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:26 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:30 pm
Well done on the whiting maybe the slow drift helped.
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:35 am
crumpet_avenger wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:11 am
Might be an idea to practise your anchoring away from other boats.

I bet the blokes you almost hit were real happy with a couple of newbs almost drifting into them. I would of been fuming.

Glad you got some fish. Maybe get the anchoring sorted before you attempt it again though.
hahahaha, im glad it wasnt you in the other boat then, the guys were pretty good about it.
ive got it under control now, we practiced about 4 to 5 times to anchor properly without the motorguide.
will give it more practice next time im out to make sure it doesnt happen again.
Somewhat agree with Crumpet I would be pissed if it looked like there was risk of someone damaging my boat for one reason or another. But in your case fortunately no harm done.
Nah there was no danger to anyone or anyones vessel. Enough room between vessels. But I've never had anyone anchor this close to me before, but I've heard thats common during whiting fishing, so didn't think anything of it.

Could have easily been them drifting into us. But I cannot confirm that.
Guess it depends where you fish being close is frowned upon east of the peninsula
Frowned apon is an understatement. If somebody shows genuine humility and apologises then it's a simple **** off mate.

The "it could of been them drifting into us" is an ignorant if not arrogant outlook.

I sincerely hope you change your attitude on fishing near people purple.

You openly admitted your electric motor didn't work. Then you and your cousin couldn't anchor... now it could be someone else that drifted near you?

Your attitude doesn't wash with me...
Learn away from boats like we all did.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:00 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:05 pm
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

hahahaha, im glad it wasnt you in the other boat then, the guys were pretty good about it.
ive got it under control now, we practiced about 4 to 5 times to anchor properly without the motorguide.
will give it more practice next time im out to make sure it doesnt happen again.
Somewhat agree with Crumpet I would be pissed if it looked like there was risk of someone damaging my boat for one reason or another. But in your case fortunately no harm done.
Nah there was no danger to anyone or anyones vessel. Enough room between vessels. But I've never had anyone anchor this close to me before, but I've heard thats common during whiting fishing, so didn't think anything of it.

Guess it depends where you fish being close is frowned upon east of the peninsula
Frowned apon is an understatement. If somebody shows genuine humility and apologises then it's a simple **** off mate.

The "it could of been them drifting into us" is an ignorant if not arrogant outlook.

You openly admitted your electric motor didn't work. Then you and your cousin couldn't anchor... now it could be someone else that drifted near you?

Never made a mistake mate?

I agree with learning away from other boats I wasn’t there so I can’t judge how close he actually was. If fishing for whiting being quiet is important so the extra noise would have pissed me off....
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:07 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Listen man i dunno what your problem is really. It wasnt your boat and it wasnt you that i got close to. So how about you calm down a bit!!

Now just to make things clear in case you forgot to read it properly cause your so enraged already.
Let me break it down for you a bit more nicely so we don't misunderstand each other ever again..

I first anchored using my electric motor, like i have done for the last 5 years or so, but after 10 or so minutes I worked out the electric motor wasnt holding due to the current , it was slowly but surely moving with the current - yes correct

So what i did then was go to the anchor well, pull out the anchor and rope for the first time ever since owning the boat, check anchor is still tied to the rope, tied the other end to the cleat, unwind the chain and rope properly and then be ready to deploy it, all while my cousin was left to manage the boat from straying too far from where I left it ( which he didn't do a good job of which I already mentioned)
While all this was happening another boat has come next to us and anchored, I mentioned to them we are still trying to anchor so please be a bit careful as we are new to this, they said no worries.

Once I was sure the anchor was ready to be dropped I swapped places with my cousin and positioned the boat properly to allow anchor to be dropped and line let out so we can hold anchor properly.

Once the anchor was deployed and i made sure we were holding properly we went back to fishing.

By that time the fish had slowed down..

I dont think I need to explain to you anymore than what I have now, and i didn't want to write this whole drama as a report. But you were too quick to judge my friend.

Some people!!!!!!!!
I hope I dont get people like you fishing next to me ever, ruins the whole day for absolutely no reason..

Ps. Ive had to anchor many times in other boats with and without automatic winches. I know what im doing, but I also knew I had someone on board that has no idea what to do, so I did what I had to do improvise accordingly.

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:00 pm
crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:

I agree with learning away from other boats I wasn’t there so I can’t judge how close he actually was. If fishing for whiting being quiet is important so the extra noise would have pissed me off....
I've made plenty of mistakes. I don't make them next to boats fishing though.

The tide runs 1 way. You either drift towards someone or you don't.

My main mistake was coming back to this fan club of fuckwits.

Jason was a hero. Then bug. Now this clown.

I won't make the same mistake twice.
Enjoy

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm

crumpet_avenger wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 pm
rb85 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Enjoy
I don’t think P5 has a fan club PPB has less current
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:15 pm

Find where u want to anchor drive into the tide past that mark let anchor down till it hits the bottom once on the bottom motor into reverse and go back onto where u want to anchor while letting rope out once where u want to be tie of. This allows anchor to set and chain to lay correctly Easy and foolproof way to anchor in tide

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:50 am

crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Enjoy
HAHAHA take a look at this looser.. You seriously are a Crumpet

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:00 am

crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Enjoy
Look at Crumpet the keyboard warrior, being all righteous behind his computer screen. You know fuckall about whiting fishing if you think everyones going to stay 100m from you on a hot bite. You clearly have never fished Lenny's in peak season, it's common practice for boats to be jammed up to each other without any issues. In fact it becomes that tight it's a mission to exit the pact without hitting anyone. Everyones chasing the bite and 9 times out of 10 there is no dramas. If you dont want anyone around fuckoff and go chase snapper out in the middle of the bay before you have a tanty because someones anchor wouldn't hold.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:43 am

Robbie1950 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:00 am
crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Enjoy
Look at Crumpet the keyboard warrior, being all righteous behind his computer screen. You know fuckall about whiting fishing if you think everyones going to stay 100m from you on a hot bite. You clearly have never fished Lenny's in peak season, it's common practice for boats to be jammed up to each other without any issues. In fact it becomes that tight it's a mission to exit the pact without hitting anyone. Everyones chasing the bite and 9 times out of 10 there is no dramas. If you dont want anyone around fuckoff and go chase snapper out in the middle of the bay before you have a tanty because someones anchor wouldn't hold.
It’s usually not as bad in WPB

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:06 am

rb85 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:43 am
Robbie1950 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:00 am
crumpet_avenger wrote:
rb85 wrote:
crumpet_avenger wrote:

Enjoy
It’s usually not as bad in WPB
This wasn't WPB mate. There's other place to fish as well where you don't need bricks to use as sinkers and a small fridge to use as an anchor.

What would you usually do if you were first in a spot (drifting or at anchor doesn't matter) and then people came and anchored all around you??

Ol mate crumpets tells me to change my ways of fishing around other boats, but has failed to realise I was the first one there, an easy couple of hours earlier than the next boat!!!
The way he would deal with looks like a **** off mate will definitely be on the cards, as he has already mentioned.
Ol mate would have been shaking with rage with what happened in the next 30 mins in my case :rf:

His idea of drifting is also oldskool, clearly has never fished off a boat with an electric motor and smart steer with cruise control and heading lock options available at the touch of a button.
My boat drifted 3 or 4 meters in the 10 minutes it took for me to work out we were definitely moving away very slowly.

Anyway all this drama is not worthwhile for me nowadays. Best to keep my fishing related activities to myself from.now on..

Return to “Whiting Fishing”