St Leonards Whiting

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
georged2

St Leonards Whiting

Post by georged2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 am

What a disgrace I was... :( I fished Saturday and Sunday at the St Leonards Whiting mark in my boat and caught 1 garfish. Crikey

The water was just awesome, calm, made the trip on Saturday from Williamstown to St Leonards just perfect. There would have been 100 plus boats there and I didn't see the boats around me pulling up anything. That made me feel a bit better.

Sunday went out from Werribee and what a shocker of an area, that place needs to be dredged.

Was anyone there either day? Any luck?
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish all day, Tell big lies

Fish-Hunter

Re: St Leonards Whiting

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:29 am

Thats just how it goes @ times , you can have a awesome boat & travel from one side of the bay to the other in it & still catch nothing smh . honestly you would catch more fish landbased @ the present , anyway @ least you taken your boat out for a run . i havent taken my Tinnie out for several months now & only fish landbased of late & have been having great catches of Big Bream , Trevally this winter . ;)

georged2

Post by georged2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:35 am

It was pretty awesome but big expensive boat means nothing to the stupid fish who at the moment are saying stupid fisho's.

Good to hear you're catching Mike, I also had a crack at squid around St Leonards and Altona Bay, dropped 3 of them so to quote "Thats just how it goes" Crikey...

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 am

You have a exellent boat George , so as the upcoming season heats up you will be able to access some of the best fishing mate . ;)

georged2

Post by georged2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 am

Look forward to it, best part is the overnight trips, can't wait. Wife not to keen about the overnight but she'll manage.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:04 pm

georged2 wrote: Sunday went out from Werribee and what a shocker of an area, that place needs to be dredged.
dredge? that will take years and years of political debate before a lowly shovel can come close to the place. :grin:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

georged2

Post by georged2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:30 pm

I've launched there 4 times in the last 3 years and 2 of them were for a comp for my brother's work collegue to raise money for him, but done with my previous smaller boat.

I thought I'd give it another go and see how the big girl would cope, seems the Wife wasn't happy and the bost struggled too. Hope she doesn't read this post.

I reackon I dredged a bit with motor. Not going there again unless it's the comp day. Fark that.

I was even planning to live that way to get bit closer to the water, Fark that too. I'll be sticking to Willi and Altona, not even sure that is safe either.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:46 pm

^^
What a joke , we pay ramp fee's , boat rego fee's etc etc & get second rate boat launching ramps . if you damage your engine's Skeg or Prop , who's going to cough up ?? :down:

Return to “Whiting Fishing”