Covid-19 discussion

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Covid-19 discussion

Post by DougieK » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:58 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:42 pm
Dougie, I’m hearing what you’re saying but who decides that it’s ok to protest? Where do we draw the line? One rule for everyone until this has passed otherwise what other causes are deemed more important than Covid?
I actually agree with you. This is not a good time to be gathering in a group that large for any reason. Right now, stopping COVID 19 must be everyone's priority.
Troy McLure wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:51 pm
And fair enough if you don’t trust the Murdoch press but where do you get unbiased reporting of anything these days. Impartial reporting stopped years ago, every reporter puts their political spin on their articles these days. Sadly.
Believe it or not, statistically speaking, the ABC is the nearest thing. The world has shifted so far into tribalisation of sociopolitcal views that anytime someone thinks a reporter is talking about something that doesn't suit their 'sides' agenda they scream bias. At the moment Australia / America / the UK has all shifted so far to the right government wise, the left responses being just as extreme, that anyone actually in the middle is literally Hitler.

Any Murdoch media is supported / supporter of the LNP, and will push whichever agenda they see as the best way to remain in power. Fact check literally everything with as many different sources as possible.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 pm

I can’t agree about the ABC, in my opinion they are as far left as Murdoch is right. But that’s just my thoughts. We are probably going in circles now. I’d love to fact check but if you scratch then you’ll find a political agenda I reckon. Probably best to quit all media and live in denial. Less arguments that way.

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:07 pm

IMG_2423.jpg

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Troy your talking about the Herald Sun worst paper in Aus Mark Knight is the sketcher Bolt is the manipulator. The people who are protesting decide when is/isn't right and how far they are willing to take it we didn't get our liberties without bloodshed.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Troy McLure

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:16 pm

Everyone has a boss. I’m glad you trust your source of information so much. Mark Knights cartoon was spot on regardless of your beliefs.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:17 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 pm
I can’t agree about the ABC, in my opinion they are as far left as Murdoch is right. But that’s just my thoughts. We are probably going in circles now. I’d love to fact check but if you scratch then you’ll find a political agenda I reckon. Probably best to quit all media and live in denial. Less arguments that way.
Your thoughts are statistically incorrect. There is an actual statistical breakdown here

https://www.theguardian.com/media/datab ... -australia

The rest of Australian Mainstream media is so far right they just appear to be left in comparison. Remember that 70% of the Australian media is owned by Murdoch.
Last edited by DougieK on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:19 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:16 pm
Everyone has a boss. I’m glad you trust your source of information so much. Mark Knights cartoon was spot on regardless of your beliefs.
So your validating my point Knight is doing as he is told. Don't read the Scum anymore so wont see his drawing.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:21 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:17 pm
Troy McLure wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 pm
Your thoughts are statistically incorrect. There is an actual statistical breakdown here

https://www.theguardian.com/media/datab ... -australia

The rest of Australian Mainstream media is so far right they just appear to be left in comparison. Remember that 70% of the Australian media is owned by Murdoch.
Thoughts, opinions or beliefs, are are what makes society.
When you start statistically correcting or challenging peoples beliefs, opinions or thoughts, that's when people become subservient.
Many a statistical FACTS, over the years, have not only been proven false, outdated, used soley for ones own political beliefs, but in itself, used for everything from wars to genocide.
Statistical facts, are created and manipulated by many, just have a look at the large drug companies, spruking statistical facts for there own gain.
A persons thoughts or beliefs, are NEVER to be challenged by statistical facts, Geez, the differences are what makes our society, only those that believe everyone should agree and think like themselves should consider change.

Please give me a world, that encourages thoughts and opinions, rather than having to believe in some bureaucrats manipulative garbage.
Proof, is not some obscure report, which many are unchallenged or backed by fact, but there are some that use it as there bible.

Please give me a world, where opinions, first hand experience, and peoples thoughts, rein supreme over written dialogue, made by the so called intellectual muppets....

What a miserable world we live in, if statistics rein supreme, God forgive us all...

Col

Troy McLure

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:53 pm

What he said.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:29 am

blacklab99 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:21 pm

Thoughts, opinions or beliefs, are are what makes society.
When you start statistically correcting or challenging peoples beliefs, opinions or thoughts, that's when people become subservient.
Many a statistical FACTS, over the years, have not only been proven false, outdated, used soley for ones own political beliefs, but in itself, used for everything from wars to genocide.
Statistical facts, are created and manipulated by many, just have a look at the large drug companies, spruking statistical facts for there own gain.
A persons thoughts or beliefs, are NEVER to be challenged by statistical facts, Geez, the differences are what makes our society, only those that believe everyone should agree and think like themselves should consider change.

Please give me a world, that encourages thoughts and opinions, rather than having to believe in some bureaucrats manipulative garbage.
Proof, is not some obscure report, which many are unchallenged or backed by fact, but there are some that use it as there bible.

Please give me a world, where opinions, first hand experience, and peoples thoughts, rein supreme over written dialogue, made by the so called intellectual muppets....

What a miserable world we live in, if statistics rein supreme, God forgive us all...

Col
Col, well said

Christopher Columbus didn't stick with the popular establishment's notion that the world was flat , , , , and he discovered the world was actually round

Imagine all those things that people found out could be done by thinking past all those opinions of people who thought "it can't be done".

Cheers, Bugs

Return to “General”