Legends of the past.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Legends of the past.

Post by rb85 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:35 am

Born2fish, BarraMick, Aprilfool

There’s been some great contributors come and go and come again.

One I miss is MissShimano

She embodied everything of the modern angler expertise on a wide range of species, unbiased opinions on products, boats and fishing tackle and an unbridled ability to show off her fishing expertise.

Who can forget that barcrushers are the best boat, the whiting challenge or when she was asking about gummy sharks and I suggested she learn about the species which did not go down well at all. Most of all I miss her ability to name drop Shimano on every topic.

Where is she now? Who knows maybe with Phil on team born2fish

Edit: I still don’t like fishing apparel with brand logos

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Legends of the past.

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:56 am

Mutely n scruffy were my fishing vic heroes! And cornacarpio for his story telling n culling abilities..

Yes it has been quite the forum over the years.
I remember when I first joined everyone was so happy to help. I went fishing with new people. Fished new spots!

Oh how time has flown by now I hardly get to fish, I can’t remember the last time I used bait, n have developed some expensive taste.. as they say spend it u can’t take it with u..

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 am

Cornacarpio still pops up. People are still happy to help but there’s definitely been a shift in personnel guys like Barra Mick are missed. Enjoy seeing truedogz pop in with his reports.

Wolly Bugger hasn’t been here for a few months.

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:22 am

Man it’s been over a year since I logged in I reckon life really gets in the way of this fishing thing at times!

I mainly use Instagram nowadays as it’s a much broader community, downside is I have added just about every lure maker in Aus n my wallet feels it

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:36 pm

Instagram isn’t a bad platform but I find a forum like this has a bit more of a community feel. Slightly disfunctional mind you.

Have found some social media platforms are over utilised by profile building sponsor seeking people the #manufacturer #retailer I want free junk etc.

The fact that there’s people here who don’t take it to seriously but are still keen on the sport is a big attraction.

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:51 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:36 pm
Instagram isn’t a bad platform but I find a forum like this has a bit more of a community feel. Slightly disfunctional mind you.

Have found some social media platforms are over utilised by profile building sponsor seeking people the #manufacturer #retailer I want free junk etc.

The fact that there’s people here who don’t take it to seriously but are still keen on the sport is a big attraction.

Very well put..
For me I follow the places I fish the species I chase n the brands I use.. it’s great for reports. And networking.

I do a lot more competitive fishing nowadays than I used to so it’s a good resource! I find most people on Instagram getting sponsored are either young passionate kids, guides, and tournament anglers getting podiums!

But I must admit, the forum always Been the go to for many vic anglers! Especially people new to the sport!
It has a very club atmosphere that’s sometimes a good thing sometimes a bad thing. Ie: group trips & politics

Doesn’t matter what the platform is, as long as it’s fishos helping fishos it’s got a good star from me

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:51 pm
rb85 wrote:

Very well put..
For me I follow the places I fish the species I chase n the brands I use.. it’s great for reports. And networking.

I do a lot more competitive fishing nowadays than I used to so it’s a good resource! I find most people on Instagram getting sponsored are either young passionate kids, guides, and tournament anglers getting podiums!

But I must admit, the forum always Been the go to for many vic anglers! Especially people new to the sport!
It has a very club atmosphere that’s sometimes a good thing sometimes a bad thing. Ie: group trips & politics

Doesn’t matter what the platform is, as long as it’s fishos helping fishos it’s got a good star from me
What comps do you fish? I have seen the central vic lure casters sounds like a fun organisation to be a part of.

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:08 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 pm
BIG GAV wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:51 pm
rb85 wrote:

Very well put..

What comps do you fish? I have seen the central vic lure casters sounds like a fun organisation to be a part of.
Yes I fish the cvlcss it’s such a great crowd! And very well run event!

Did go fish but man that was chaos. Hopefully competing in my first ayc this year at eildon, next year has some good comps for freshwater native scene! 2020 lake eildon cod masters first prize 15k

I like this style of fishing! Makes me fish hard, pre fish if I can, n if I donut I go back to weigh in talk n learn for next time.

No podium for me yet.. closest I’ve got is 4th and came 2nd in 2 winner take all comps -.-

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Too many to list...at least their knowledge can be found on here if you dig around.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Be good if Balcklab99 could give an update on his boat build
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=20630&hilit=blackl ... 90#p282592

Return to “The Rest of the World”