A special request

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Fishomicko

Re: A special request

Post by Fishomicko » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:04 am

Check your inbox

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 am

tracks wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:24 am
Eildon fish farm has closed down and has sold all it's stock, but there are others around like Buxton and Ballarat, I think a fish farm would be the best bet for a definite catch.
Thanks mate, I had a feeling it may have closed

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:22 am

tracks wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:24 am
Eildon fish farm has closed down and has sold all it's stock, but there are others around like Buxton and Ballarat, I think a fish farm would be the best bet for a definite catch.
Thanks mate, I had a feeling it may have closed
There has been no activity on their Facebook page since March & they say they're open 24/7 and were closed
Cheers Gra

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:58 pm

4liters wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:09 am
For some reason I find the idea of skull dragging a farmed trout with an electric deep drop setup funny as ****.

Hopefully someone can help you out with gear.

From memory there’s a trout farm near Warburton and another at Macclesfield.
I reckon a big carp would actually go alright 😂
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:21 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:23 am
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
My Mrs works as an OT\Carer and we have a long term client who is now a good personal friend of ours that has cerebral palsy.
One of her goals in life is to catch a fish and she knows that i dabble in that sort of stuff occasionally.
We were talking about how best to go about this and in order to make it as reel (pun intended) as possible , I am thinking using a an electric reel that has a button to wind in the line, would be the go, while being attached to a carp or a stockie.
The only problem is , I don't own one .
What is the idea behind using an electric reel? Will it be physically hard for your mate to reel a 'normal' reel? Sorry but I am not aware of the effects of cerabral palsy. If her hands/wrists/arms are not physically affected, then may I suggest you use a normal reel (and that will make it reel!)...like everybody else would use and I would hazard a guess that your mate wants to be treated equally. One thing I do know...it is great that you are helping her out.
cheers
Jim
Edit....I just did a quick google on her condition....I should have done it before sorry, the electric reel may be a good option!
Last edited by April Fool on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:40 pm

Buxton is closed at the moment

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:54 pm

When Buxton reopens after winter they will have rods with electric reels available
Owner is keen to accommodate people with disabilities
Cheers Gra

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:22 pm

April Fool wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:21 pm
smokin_reels wrote:
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
My Mrs works as an OT\Carer and we have a long term client who is now a good personal friend of ours that has cerebral palsy.
One of her goals in life is to catch a fish and she knows that i dabble in that sort of stuff occasionally.
We were talking about how best to go about this and in order to make it as reel (pun intended) as possible , I am thinking using a an electric reel that has a button to wind in the line, would be the go, while being attached to a carp or a stockie.
What is the idea behind using an electric reel? Will it be physically hard for your mate to reel a 'normal' reel? Sorry but I am not aware of the effects of cerabral palsy. If her hands/wrists/arms are not physically affected, then may I suggest you use a normal reel (and that will make it reel!)...like everybody else would use and I would hazard a guess that your mate wants to be treated equally. One thing I do know...it is great that you are helping her out.
cheers
Jim
Edit....I just did a quick google on her condition....I should have done it before sorry, the electric reel may be a good option!
It depends on the severity of the clients condition. I have clients with cp and some still drive and walk at imd and have fairly active lives and some confined to a wheel chair

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:37 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:22 pm
April Fool wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:
cheers
Jim
It depends on the severity of the clients condition. I have clients with cp and some still drive and walk at imd and have fairly active lives and some confined to a wheel chair
You're a better man than me gungerdin
You and smokins family

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:25 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Hey Guys!

We were talking about how best to go about this and in order to make it as reel (pun intended) as possible
Smokin , , , , you are definitely a "smok'n" bloke. This is one of the best things I have seen on this Site. Absolutely well done :thumbsup:

Firstly, something you said shows how much of a great bloke you are and your Mrs too , , , , you said "We have a client" not She has a client AND "We were talking about how best to" , , , , shows you guys are a great couple.

April Fool wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:
cheers
Jim
And top marks to Jim :thumbsup: , people/members always get my respect for "correcting" instead of ignoring or deleting.

I have to be honest too, I had to Google to fully understand Cerebral Palsy.

Post with a possible solution to follow

Cheers, Bill

Return to “Off Topic Forum”