Fiji report

User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Fiji report

Postby Kimtown » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:01 pm

Awesome write up and pics as always. Love following your adventures.

Where did you stay in Fiji? I went in Novemever. Didn't do much fishing other than a useless charter who trolled around in no man's land all day.



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Broomstick
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Fiji report

Postby Broomstick » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Kimtown wrote:Awesome write up and pics as always. Love following your adventures.

Where did you stay in Fiji? I went in Novemever. Didn't do much fishing other than a useless charter who trolled around in no man's land all day.


Thanks mate. We stayed in Sigatoka on Viti Levu.

User avatar
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2710
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:32 pm
Location: St Kilda, Victoria
Contact:

Re: Fiji report

Postby fishingvic » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:15 pm

Excellent report and stunning photos Broomstick.
Might take the family to Fiji for a winter getaway this year. Any more details on the Airbnb or any other recommendations?
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

User avatar
Broomstick
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Fiji report

Postby Broomstick » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:20 pm

fishingvic wrote:Excellent report and stunning photos Broomstick.
Might take the family to Fiji for a winter getaway this year. Any more details on the Airbnb or any other recommendations?


Thanks mate.

This is where we stayed:

http://malaqerevillas.com/

5 min walk to the lagoon where we did most of our fishing, 15min drive from Sigatoka (the fresh produce markets are great), quiet and very beautiful.I'd highly recommend it.

Nude up
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Posts: 5209
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: out west

Re: Fiji report

Postby Nude up » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Great report pity about your lens I like a bit of twitching

User avatar
Broomstick
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Fiji report

Postby Broomstick » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am

Nude up wrote:Great report pity about your lens I like a bit of twitching


Thanks nude, I've always loved a twitch but since I've started taking snaps of birds, I've become a bit obsessed. I'm picking up a new lens tonight, can't wait to give it a run.



Remove these ads.

smokin_reels
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Re: Fiji report

Postby smokin_reels » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:13 pm

Nice work Pat!
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

repspec
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Fiji report

Postby repspec » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:04 pm

great report mate...
Where's Luna though hahaha

Nude up
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Posts: 5209
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: out west

Re: Fiji report

Postby Nude up » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Broomstick wrote:
Nude up wrote:Great report pity about your lens I like a bit of twitching


Thanks nude, I've always loved a twitch but since I've started taking snaps of birds, I've become a bit obsessed. I'm picking up a new lens tonight, can't wait to give it a run.


I saw a bird about 10 years ago and nobody I spoke to knew what it was long legs body of a heron but looked like Gladstone small no neck. I bought a book it was a night heron I can’t help myself now fascinating things birds.
I have noticed a large increase in birds of prey mostly eagles and kites on my drive from Melton to portarlington

DougieK
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5151
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Glen Waverley

Re: Fiji report

Postby DougieK » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:26 pm

You do so much cool stuff.
16/17 Comp total 64cm

"If nothing easy is worthwhile, then LBG with lures must be just about the most worthwhile thing on the planet" MTF 2014



Remove these ads.


Return to “The Rest of the World”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests