Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Brownie
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by Brownie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:All I can say is $39 for a fishing shirt
Is that a lot or a bargain?

Personally for boat fishing I just go with a old high vis shirts that work supplies for nuffin...
DougieK wrote:I'd guess this is more some kind of system error than any intentional attempt to rip someone off.

I'm usually pleasantly surprised there at how much the price is reduced at the counter, with member discounts and 50% off sales etc.
Yeah, hi vis and trout fishing maybe not a good match. ;-)



Remove these ads.

User avatar
ratbag
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm
Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Contact:

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by ratbag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 pm

tracks wrote:Yeah and make sure you check the dates on any flares you buy from anywhere, I purchased and set from a well known boating and fishing outlet only to find them already 10 months into their expiry, so my last set I just asked at the counter for the flares the guy serving me grabbed a set from under the counter and when I said I want to check the date of expiry he put them back and went over to another cupboard and got another set out, so they knew the expiry dates and grab the older ones for the suckers who don't check the dates.
Just ask for a discount for the shorter life, has always worked for me :cheers:
quid est quod eum

rb85
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2377
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:35 am

Brownie wrote:
rb85 wrote:All I can say is $39 for a fishing shirt
Yeah, the UV 50 ones. The wick dry types. Better than a normal shirt in hot weather here. Also after you get melanomas cut out and told to cover up by your doc, its advice I like to take. $39 bucks to know im covered is cheap peace of mind.
Each to their own but I do agree it pays to be SunSmart.

User avatar
Queasy
Rank: Flathead
Rank: Flathead
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:52 pm
Location: North East Melbourne

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by Queasy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:34 am

rb85 wrote:
Brownie wrote:
rb85 wrote:All I can say is $39 for a fishing shirt
Yeah, the UV 50 ones. The wick dry types. Better than a normal shirt in hot weather here. Also after you get melanomas cut out and told to cover up by your doc, its advice I like to take. $39 bucks to know im covered is cheap peace of mind.
Each to their own but I do agree it pays to be SunSmart.
Absolutely want to keep covered up, especially when fishing and getting hit by reflected light off the water. I'd had 3 cancers taken off while still in my 30s. The first was in the V of my neck - I used to wear the same camo top when trout fishing the back creeks and obviously neglected to sunscreen that little area. The others were on the top of my left ear - probably as a result of wearing a cap when out and about and playing golf, rather than a broad brimmed hat. I now wear an Akubra Territory almost religiously.

The $16 fluro Jackaroo tops are UPF rating of 50+, and breathe pretty well, tho not as good for wicking away sweat.

rb85
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2377
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm
Location: The Ocean

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 am

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Brownie wrote:
rb85 wrote:All I can say is $39 for a fishing shirt
Yeah, the UV 50 ones. The wick dry types. Better than a normal shirt in hot weather here. Also after you get melanomas cut out and told to cover up by your doc, its advice I like to take. $39 bucks to know im covered is cheap peace of mind.
Each to their own but I do agree it pays to be SunSmart.
Absolutely want to keep covered up, especially when fishing and getting hit by reflected light off the water. I'd had 3 cancers taken off while still in my 30s. The first was in the V of my neck - I used to wear the same camo top when trout fishing the back creeks and obviously neglected to sunscreen that little area. The others were on the top of my left ear - probably as a result of wearing a cap when out and about and playing golf, rather than a broad brimmed hat. I now wear an Akubra Territory almost religiously.

The $16 fluro Jackaroo tops are UPF rating of 50+, and breathe pretty well, tho not as good for wicking away sweat.
Better price the other thing is regular skin checks I got to get off my arse and start mole mapping.
Your right broad rimmed hat all the way I carry spray on sunscreen in the boat.

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 9985
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 am

I use one of them face masks and it’s worked really well. Never get burnt. Makes you look a bit funny but who cares. Rather that then get burnt real bad :)



Remove these ads.

Brownie
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by Brownie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Queasy wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Brownie wrote:
rb85 wrote:All I can say is $39 for a fishing shirt
Yeah, the UV 50 ones. The wick dry types. Better than a normal shirt in hot weather here. Also after you get melanomas cut out and told to cover up by your doc, its advice I like to take. $39 bucks to know im covered is cheap peace of mind.
Each to their own but I do agree it pays to be SunSmart.
Absolutely want to keep covered up, especially when fishing and getting hit by reflected light off the water. I'd had 3 cancers taken off while still in my 30s. The first was in the V of my neck - I used to wear the same camo top when trout fishing the back creeks and obviously neglected to sunscreen that little area. The others were on the top of my left ear - probably as a result of wearing a cap when out and about and playing golf, rather than a broad brimmed hat. I now wear an Akubra Territory almost religiously.

The $16 fluro Jackaroo tops are UPF rating of 50+, and breathe pretty well, tho not as good for wicking away sweat.
Yeah, when your told they tested positive, it puts the wind up you doesn't it. I cringe when i see blokes in the full sun fishing in shorts, peak caps, t shirts.
Lightningx wrote:I use one of them face masks and it’s worked really well. Never get burnt. Makes you look a bit funny but who cares. Rather that then get burnt real bad :)
Yep I got one if those too. Also got an Adapta Cap. Like a legionares type but it goes all the way around your neck instead of just the back. The peaks really broad and you can pull the cord tight to make it come up over your face so all anyone can see are your sunnies. Great cap. Yeah had some stupid comments from others at times but I just look at their red necks and faces from the water glare and feel sorry for them. ;-)
Was 39 here today, no hat or uv shirts gonna get me out in that mate. Air con inside all the way. :-D

Expomnowcon
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 11:20 am

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by Expomnowcon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:56 am

I went into one yesterday and had to remind/explain to the cashier that Zman lures are 3 packs for $22. Had to go and get the sign for him and everything! I probably wouldn't have spotted it (as bought a whole heap of other lures) if I didn't see this post the other day.

Post Reply

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”