Narooma in the New Year

New South Wales Fishing Reports
tommyfishunter
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Narooma in the New Year

Postby tommyfishunter » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Hey everyone,

I'll be Narooma in the New Year from the 1st to the 10th of January i've decided to bring the tinny along with me.
If anyone is around that area and wants to catch up for a fish i'd more than welcome the company.

Full disclaimer i've never fished the Wangonga inlet from a boat before, so there will be a lot of guess work involved, if anyone has any tips for fishing the area they would be much appreciated.



Remove these ads.

User avatar
hornet
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 2615
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Narooma in the New Year

Postby hornet » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Fish around the oyster leases bream and tailor always around there. Also catch small mullet in a trap the local tackle store has them and fish the live mullet on the bottom there's some big flathead in there not to mention jewies.

User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Narooma in the New Year

Postby Kimtown » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:08 am

hornet wrote:Fish around the oyster leases bream and tailor always around there. Also catch small mullet in a trap the local tackle store has them and fish the live mullet on the bottom there's some big flathead in there not to mention jewies.

Or better yet make your own poddy mullet trap. East DIY. YouTube for a guide

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7390
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Narooma in the New Year

Postby smile0784 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:18 am

What size tinnie you have

tommyfishunter
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Re: Narooma in the New Year

Postby tommyfishunter » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:19 pm

smile0784 wrote:What size tinnie you have


3.8m not big but comfortable to fish with 2 people.

Kimtown wrote:
hornet wrote:Fish around the oyster leases bream and tailor always around there. Also catch small mullet in a trap the local tackle store has them and fish the live mullet on the bottom there's some big flathead in there not to mention jewies.

Or better yet make your own poddy mullet trap. East DIY. YouTube for a guide


Cheers yeah might try that the place we are staying at has plenty of mullet in the creek that runs through. I tried with a bait net last time but couldn't get anything maybe one of the traps is the go.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7390
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Narooma in the New Year

Postby smile0784 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:49 pm

You interested in heading out of the enternce if weather is good?



Remove these ads.

tommyfishunter
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Re: Narooma in the New Year

Postby tommyfishunter » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 am

smile0784 wrote:You interested in heading out of the enternce if weather is good?


Probably not to be honest it would have to be glass like conditions, but even then i don't really want to be crossing the bar.
It's more of a lake and river tinny.


Return to “New South Wales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests