Kingfish

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
User avatar
yepi'mon
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: South East

Re: Kingfish

Postby yepi'mon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Nice one mate.

Latest episode of fishing edge has them catching some kingies just out of wp entrance



Remove these ads.

cobby
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2197
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Kingfish

Postby cobby » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:23 pm

yepi'mon wrote:Nice one mate.

Latest episode of fishing edge has them catching some kingies just out of wp entrance


Filmed early this year though

User avatar
yepi'mon
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: South East

Re: Kingfish

Postby yepi'mon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 pm

cobby wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:Nice one mate.

Latest episode of fishing edge has them catching some kingies just out of wp entrance


Filmed early this year though


Yee might be right - figured his one before that was only filmed a few weeks ago... but now I can see he is in his old boat which makes it earlier this year.

User avatar
ducky
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3773
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Kingfish

Postby ducky » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 am

The fastest way I’ve found on the phone is to open the pic on your phone. Make it full screen. Then screen cap it. And post the screen cap.

barra mick
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Posts: 6139
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Re: Kingfish

Postby barra mick » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:30 am

Brett wrote:
Mattblack wrote:are you starting Kingfish rumours so people crowd the rip and stop fishing your snapper marks? :-D



Hahaha they're around, the youngbloke hooked one at Mornington about 2 1/2 weeks ago, there was also a video posted later that week on facebook of a school cruising around the boat ramp area at Mornington.


Yes ..its great to see more in the bay.there has been a few caught off mornington in the last few weeks.

User avatar
Mattblack
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:08 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Kingfish

Postby Mattblack » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:09 am

barra mick wrote:
Brett wrote:
Mattblack wrote:are you starting Kingfish rumours so people crowd the rip and stop fishing your snapper marks? :-D



Hahaha they're around, the youngbloke hooked one at Mornington about 2 1/2 weeks ago, there was also a video posted later that week on facebook of a school cruising around the boat ramp area at Mornington.


Yes ..its great to see more in the bay.there has been a few caught off mornington in the last few weeks.


Are these a bycatch when fishing for something else?....surely you would'nt be targeting them off Mornington?
P.S. Never caught one...it's on wish list for this summer, any tips greatly appreciated!



Remove these ads.

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5969
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Kingfish

Postby purple5ive » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:58 am

ducky wrote:The fastest way I’ve found on the phone is to open the pic on your phone. Make it full screen. Then screen cap it. And post the screen cap.


That doesn't work for me, its still too big.
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5975
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale

Re: Kingfish

Postby bowl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 am

Was also rat King off st Leonard's pier this week.

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5969
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Kingfish

Postby purple5ive » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:02 am

bowl wrote:Was also rat King off st Leonard's pier this week.


did anyone land any?
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5969
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Kingfish

Postby purple5ive » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 am

barra mick wrote:
Brett wrote:
Mattblack wrote:are you starting Kingfish rumours so people crowd the rip and stop fishing your snapper marks? :-D



Hahaha they're around, the youngbloke hooked one at Mornington about 2 1/2 weeks ago, there was also a video posted later that week on facebook of a school cruising around the boat ramp area at Mornington.


Yes ..its great to see more in the bay.there has been a few caught off mornington in the last few weeks.


were the morno ones good sized mick, or atleast legals? mission this year is to land a legal one by any means
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D



Remove these ads.


Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests