haines 650 classic owners

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

haines 650 classic owners

Post by Nude up » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:38 am

Just after some info mine has a yammie 200 fourstroke fitted. Recently just changed the prop and wondering what your top speed is with the original prop I only hit 60kph. Also what height is your engine mounted I have 2 holes above the upper mount bolt exposed. The first prop I put on she was on the plane in a flash but hit the rev limiter 6100 rpm with 55kph top speed , I have put the next size up 14 and 3quarters dia 17 in pitch but have not had chance to try it . Any info would be great

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: haines 650 classic owners

Post by frozenpod » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Propping and motor height will only get you so far. IMO you are going to struggle for great performance with that boat motor combination and I doubt you will do much better than 65km/hr top speed.

Motor height should have the cav plate skimming the surface at cruise speed. This would have the cav plate around 1" above the bottom of the hull perhaps a touch higher.

Some props can run shallower than others so experimentation to find the optimal setting with each prop is required.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: haines 650 classic owners

Post by Nude up » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Frozenpod you were right on the money the 17 inch pitch prop top speed 65k at 5700 rpm, I am happy with this prop gets on the plane quick and fuel economy is good. Which is just as well I have a big year planned.

Return to “Boating”